Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, February 27, 2009

It's good to be back

So I finished a tea cozy using up some scraps. Daphne the dragon thinks it's very complimentary to her colors.


Speaking of Daphnes - they're starting to bloom! Whoop, whoop!

We had sunshine this morning, so I took myself out for a walk. Earmuffs and gloves weather, but still just lovely!
Neighbors have violets popping out. Crocuses are blooming. In spite of the snow yesterday, spring is actually coming!


But in the meantime. I'm still needing warm and wooly layers. This is the vest I started with Rio La Plata and some purchased handspun.

It's hard to get a good picture of a vest you're wearing at the time. But I got compliments the first time I had it on, so, since it feels good and looks pretty, I guess I have another success on my hands.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:09 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    It looks like it's knitted side to side, yes?

     
  • At 8:06 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Very pretty. Nice springish colors!

     
  • At 9:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My witch hazel is just starting to look like it may eventually bloom and the flowers on my edgeworthia are beginning to open. Boy, it's taking forever this year!

     
  • At 6:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You're so lucky to have spring so early. We've got snow today, and more due tomorrow. I'm glad I can come and visit you for spring!

     
  • At 9:52 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow, Roxie--that's really pretty! (Rio La Plata can look so simple in the skein, but when it's knitted up, it can be REALLY breathtaking!)

    And your spring looks better than my spring... but, of course, my mustard flowers are out, so I'm happy!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home