Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

How do you like me now?

Snowdrops in sunshine with some knitted stuff Lookin' goood, baby!

There was sunshine in the window at 7:30 AM. Whoop, whoop! It was swiftloy swallowed by a fogbank, but I was up and I saw it! Sigh. We need the rain. In spite of the floods, we are 7 inches low for the water year (October to October) and the wettest part of the years is starting to taper off. The fruit orchards need enough sun and dry days in April and May for flowering and pollination. The strawberries will rot in a cold wet june. February and March are pretty much our last shot at getting a fully beneficial snowpack, and it's just not looking likely. Along about September, I may be singing the droughty blues, but right now, hear my carols of joy at the sunshine! when the fog burned off, it turned freaking gorgeous! When I got home from work, I planted hostas and cut down a volunteer walnut tree sucker that wanted to damage our foundation. And took a photo of the snowdrops and knitting.

So how was YOUR day?

11 Comments:

  • At 4:43 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    My day? Thanks for asking. The usual go to work, tutor in the afternoon, take a walk. But today it was all done with the beginnings of a cold coming on. I can feel it--runny nose, sore throat. The viru gods are out to get me again.

     
  • At 7:02 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    My day was great! We got some sunshine too, finally. I built spice and tea racks for the kitchen and realized that I had three canisters of jasmine pearl tea. Time to brew a cup of that and read.

     
  • At 9:57 PM , Blogger Kris Knorr said...

    My day was great because I realized that I had some great friends that were pulling for me. Thanks for your constant sunshine Roxie.
    Barb

     
  • At 10:21 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    It was a good day - productive but also entertaining. Thanks for asking :-)

     
  • At 4:55 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Since my day brought some semi-positive news, it was good. And as the buddha says, "at least I didn't die".

     
  • At 6:18 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh that's so pretty... but I do love me some rain! (We've had some... I'm actually sort of encouraged!)

     
  • At 6:26 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    Love your knitting! It looks so squishy and soft. Congratulations on enjoying a stellar afternoon. Working in the yard is good for one's soul.

     
  • At 6:26 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    Love your knitting! It looks so squishy and soft. Congratulations on enjoying a stellar afternoon. Working in the yard is good for one's soul.

     
  • At 6:26 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    Love your knitting! It looks so squishy and soft. Congratulations on enjoying a stellar afternoon. Working in the yard is good for one's soul.

     
  • At 9:47 AM , Blogger Brian said...

    The snow drops are beautiful and and I love the way you have taken this photo.

    Thank you for comments on my blog, so very kind.

    Brian

     
  • At 9:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yeah, we're low on rain, all right. I hope we don't have a repeat of last year, though, with the cold wet April and May. I am so ready for some warm weather!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home