Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I'M A WHINEY POO-HEAD

But this is the Willamette valley and this is half-past Februrary fer cry-sakes, and it is NOT supposed to snow! It's the Harlot's fault. She came into town yesterday and, from the superiority of her Toronton deep-freeze experience, she marveled at the mildness of our February and mocked what snow we have left. "I didn't know that snow could be referred to in the singular." Well you KNOW that's got to annoy the weather gods.

So, just to spite her, our local weather dieties grabbed Jack Frost and squeezed one last spurt of winter out of the poor litte barstid. And now the rest of us have to drive to work in this crap and it's ALL her fault. I think the Harlot owes everyone in the valley a profound apology and a pair of hand-knit socks! It's my idea, and I'm first in line.

10 Comments:

  • At 3:47 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Never a good idea to challenge the local weather dieties. The sock idea sounds like a winner to me. Now you just have to get the Yarn Harlot to agree :-)

     
  • At 7:18 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    And it spread all the way down here, too!!

     
  • At 8:55 PM , Blogger Paul said...

    I think this is my favorite title for a blog post EVER!!!

     
  • At 10:03 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    *chortle* *straight face* You're absolutely right... someone squeezed the little barstid and now there's snowshit all over your nice state. Must be the Harlot's fault-- socks all around!

     
  • At 5:02 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    It's hard to feel sorry for you all up there as we face at least 6 more weeks of threats of snow and ice. In fact, even though for some reason it's 60 degrees today, there's snow in the forecast for the weekend. I marvelled at her photos of the green, too. I miss green.

     
  • At 6:59 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    I want Harlot socks too. The "s" word should never be used in vain.

     
  • At 9:31 AM , Blogger Julie said...

    HAH! Ya poo head! (Believe me, this beats the alternatives we could throw around.) Sorry about the snow. I've, uh, got the windows open in my house. Bwahahahaha.

     
  • At 10:25 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    And another reader of poo-head Julie's blog checks in!

    Ha ha ha! Silly you, call that snow?

    We've had temperatures well above freezing for five days now, a couple of days of rain, it hit 60 F and sunny yesterday, and as you can see on my blog, we STILL HAVE SNOW on the ground.

    Boy.

    Meanwhile, we have a flood warning and high wind advisory for tonight. If you want whining, that'll be me if the wireless internet goes down!

     
  • At 6:57 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    AND She caused additional rain and mist in Southern California! More socks, more socks!

     
  • At 12:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Even I'm getting sick of it. All the plants are at least 2 weeks behind. Our snowdrops are barely out of the ground. Is a nice 55° day too much to ask for?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home