Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, February 01, 2009

25 about Sue

A boquet of things about Sue aliensatbeavercreek who got me started on this meme.

1. Sue is Gay.
2. Sue is queer.

Settle down. I'm using these words in all possible senses. Sue is the life of any party she attends. She is a gay and spritely companion. So much for item #1.

And as for item #2, Sue is a unique eccentric who does things all her own way and succeeds. Isn't that queer?

3. OK, Sue is a lesbian. Unequivocally. But you know, she is not defined by who trips her triggers. None of us should be.

4.Sue knits.
5. Sue takes her drop spindle with her everywhere and turns out the most awesome yarn!
6. Sue is a mother and a grandmother.
7.Sue used to dance - ballet - on pointe!
8.She attends a Unitarian church. She preaches sermons and plans services. Does that make her a sky pilot? I don't know how the Unitarians do these things.
9.She sings wonderfully.
10. She cooks Chineese food from scratch!
11. She makes her living as an indexer. (See - queer. I told you!)
12. She writes quirky, funny, lesbian mysteries.
13. She writes really, really well.
14. We went to the same school at different times. Missed being classmates by about a year.
15. She used to work in child protective services.
!6. She tells some pretty hair-raising stories about it.
17. She is smart
18. warm,
19. funny - very funny - dry, witty and richly well informed.
20. spiritual
21. compassionate
22. Did I mention smart?
23.She lives in the country with her beloved partner, Jenny.
24. They have a dog and a cat.
25. They are loved by a whole raft of people!

8 Comments:

  • At 1:04 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Another wonderful and talented friend! Isn't it wonderful to be blessed with such people in our lives?

     
  • At 10:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Just finished The Shack, and it strikes me that the 25 things you've listed are an example of "how relationships should be." That we are all a part of one another. The beautiful things about Susan are part of you, too, because of friendship. These are the truths hidden deep in the petals of bouquets, yes?
    Barb

     
  • At 11:25 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow--you know some awesome people, Roxie--I love meeting them like this!

     
  • At 10:27 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Wonderful lists. You picked the things that make your friends unique and things we can all identify with.

     
  • At 12:25 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    What a great idea! I might do this one too... only I've been dragging my feet fearing I won't be able to come up with 25 vaguely interesting things about me.

     
  • At 12:25 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    What a great idea! I might do this one too... only I've been dragging my feet fearing I won't be able to come up with 25 vaguely interesting things about me.

     
  • At 7:04 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Oh, Roxie! Here I've been working and sleeping and didn't even know you'd "done" me. Thanks so much! What a treat to wake up to.

     
  • At 7:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sue is also my evil twin. I swear we were siblings in another life. Our banter sometimes shocks people who don't know us, but really, we're only teasing each other.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home