Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

He lied!

The weatherman said we would have a few snow flurries this morning, followed by warming temperatures in the afternoon. So I put on my big-girl panties (metaphorically speaking, Barb) and drove to work through the light little flurries. Two hours later, those damn little "flurries" have ;ayered on about half an inch of the whitstuff, and it doesn't show signs of stopping. If I have to drive home in this, I will probably soil my big-girl panties. When it comes to driving in dicey weather, you can count on me to panic.

blogging from work on my lunchish break. Wanna go home now. (sucks thumb and wraps other arm around head.)

10 Comments:

  • At 12:08 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh darling-- here's hoping your big-girl panties keep you safe...

     
  • At 6:09 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I think Portland has had more snow storms this seasons than EVER before. Stay safe!

     
  • At 6:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I hope our weatherman has lied. He says we're going to get 8-12 inches tomorrow.

     
  • At 7:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I hope your big-girl panties are knitted with fur yarn. It was cold out there.

    I saw flocks of geese heading south yesterday. At least 5 flocks in the sky at the same time. Big groups. I wondered if they were in front of a storm. Turns out they were.

    Forget the weatherman. Consult your local goose.
    Barb

     
  • At 7:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ditto to what Norma said. We're expecting 6-10 of the white stuff here in the city, followed by sleet and other sky-stuff.
    I hope your commute was clear and uneventful.

     
  • At 8:57 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Snow can be scary stuff to drive in because the road conditions change so fast.

    Hope you made it home safely!

     
  • At 5:08 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    We got sleet and freezing rain on top of 2" of snow last night. It made the morning commute "interesting". I'm exhausted from all the energy espended in just getting here. Now, at 8 am, I am ready to go home. But I have to rest up first.

     
  • At 6:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Didja make it OK, huh huh? Don't leave us hangin', sweetheart! (Sending you post-dated thoughts of guardian angels...)

     
  • At 8:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My friend Connie is writing a chapter book for kids about girl who uses her Auntie's magic Panties to travel the world. All she has to do is put them on, spin around, and say a few words. No driving involved. Maybe you need to trade your Big Girl Panties in for some Auntie's Panties. :)

     
  • At 1:25 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    We've had about 105 inches so far this season. I can stand on the snow piles I've raked off the roof and reach out and break icicles off the edge of the roof these days!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home