Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, January 30, 2009

helmet liner

I saw a news blip about a group of knitters in Denver who did a marathon knit-in of helmet liners for the soldiers in Afghanistan. So, since it's my job to keep people warm, I looked up helmet liners and knitted one. With more fingerless mits to match. (the second pair of mitts in this yarn.) Now, I'm trying to get in touch with someone who might actually know a soldier in Afghanistan. I can send it to one of the on-line groups, but I'd kind of like to adopt someone if I can. Send him goodies, letters, that sort of stuff. Or her, as the case may be. I don't know if we ought to be at war, but I do know I can support the soldiers who are there.

My friend Susan did a fun thing with the "25 random things about me" meme. She offered a second meme of 25 things about the first person who comments. (I might have to make some up) So I'd like to give it a try, too. First 25 random things about me. Tomorrow, 25 things about the first person to comment.

1.I am a native Oregonian
2. I am 5ft 11 inches tall. That used to be freakish. Not so much now.
3. My twin brother and I were adopted as a set.
4. My two older brothers got to pick the names for the babies. I was named after an arabian mare.
5. I don't remember when I learned to knit.
6. I spent a year in Denmark when I graduated from college
7. That's where I learned to weave
8. I spent 12 years as a sample weaver in the fabric design department at Pendleton woolen mills.
9. That was the best job of my life.
10. I and 6 other hand-weavers were replaced by a computer.
11. I love fish (to eat)
12. I love kitties (to cuddle)
13. I am lactose intolerant.
14. I love "Dancing With the Stars"
15. I love dancing.
16. I love to sing.
17 I LOVE musical comedies.
18. My favorie color is pink/purple/blue.
19. favorite fiber is silk.
20. favorite place is anywhere DH is.
21 favorite gem is pearl
22. favorite season is spring
23.favorite cartoon is "What's Opera Doc?"
24. rosepetal black tea
25 lemon scones

9 Comments:

  • At 5:40 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    What? Nobody else wants to comment? This could be fun. Hehehe.

     
  • At 8:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Dang! missed it by one!

     
  • At 10:09 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oooh! I should have checked you earlier!!! (And I love "What's Opera Doc" too!)

     
  • At 11:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    And say one thing about the last person who comments. Right now...ahem..I'm last.

    Barb

     
  • At 11:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What's the name of your model?
    I think she works at the DMV.
    Barb

     
  • At 8:26 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    So I take the evening off and see what happens??

    I think I'd like to visit Denmark and learn to weave.

     
  • At 10:46 AM , Blogger FiberQat said...

    Just a comment about the helmet liner. They only accept certain colors (black and shades of olive green) so the liner and mitts you made won't be acceptable for the troops. Your pattern should have a list of the colors.

    I'll bet Carl Stalling had fun splicing all sorts of Wagner pieces for the soundtrack.

     
  • At 9:00 PM , Blogger The Fibers of Life said...

    I'm always a little behind. I was a late bloomer too. I love the helmet liner and gloves. I bet it wouldn't take long to whip some up in camo yarn?? I would find it hard to stop with 25 things about you Roxie. Thanks for sharing. BTW was in a meme?? I keep seeing that expression and I'm not really sure what that/it is.
    MaryLou

     
  • At 7:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Your older brothers had great taste in names.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home