Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, November 22, 2008

There is some knitting going on

I am currently working on a pair of crop-fingered mits in this wonderful terracotta shade hand dyed by Dave Daniels. The yarn is merino and silk. I'm doing a pair of gloves simultaneously on one long size one circular needle. I must be pretty simple, because I am enchanted with the magic of knitting two gloves in the round at the same time. But size one needles - this is taking forever!

The gloves are for our favorite waiter who sells more of my books than anyone else I know. He deserves a princely reward. Anyhoo, DH wouldn't wear glovies in such an almost-sissy color. For him, black, dark gray, or dark navy. Or maybe a dark brown. Nothing fun or easy on the eyes. He is about as conservative as they come, bless his dear heart. And it's about time to make him a back-up pair.

He has a stinking cold, so we're having a very quiet weekend. The cats are worried about him, since he fights colds by going to bed and staying there. Every so often, a furry person comes up to me and explains that things are not the way they should be. They lead me to the bedroom, with worried looks. I listen to make sure that DH is still breathing, then I take the furry person away for a bit of a cuddle and some comfort. I worry about him, too, but colds need to run their course.

9 Comments:

  • At 2:49 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    I'm just getting over a bad cold, and now my own dear one has it too. I hope everyone feels better soon!

     
  • At 8:00 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    I hope he's better soon. I've had a sinus infection for several weeks that's been making life diffecult. The mitts are gorgeous!

     
  • At 10:41 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Tell him I hope he's better soon.

     
  • At 11:15 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Definitely--may he get better soon! (And the thumb-gusset is my favorite part of doing that--so very very cool!

     
  • At 7:38 AM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Hope he's all better soon!

     
  • At 12:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Get better, K.
    So, I understand the "pair of socks on two circulars" technique...sortof. But two gloves on one needle - even allowing for no fingers, how do you do that? Really?

     
  • At 2:51 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Hope he's better soon and does not go in to the 3-4 week crud. It's good that he's resting but fur people do worry :-)

     
  • At 6:44 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Darn colds anyway! Our son is on his second or third of the year. We told him not to sign up for Cold of the Month Club!

     
  • At 8:26 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Man, I missed a lot.

    . . . I listen to make sure that DH is still breathing . . .

    I do that, too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home