Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, November 07, 2008

Afterthought pocket

I NEED pockets. I need my glasses and a pen and possibly some gum. I need a place to put my hands when someone is just begging me to swat them upside the head for perpetrration of acts of blatant stupidity. So I picked a spot, unraveled a few stitches each way, edged it with that ubiquitous green Cascade wool, and,
knitted a pocket flap, then sewed it down. Ever so much easier to do when the garment is all done and you don't need to do lots of planning and measuring and stuff.

So I have blown pretty much the whole day catching up on the adventures of Agatha Clay (Hetrodyne) Girl Genius, and I am in deep smit. She is SO like Sanna, only with Mad Science rather than with magic. And a little more over the top of course. The Gilgamesh paper doll left me squeeing for minutes. If you haven't read Girl Genius, and you enjoy zany comics, you are in for a swell treat!

I get a do-over for the knitting meeting. It's been a month since I got bit, and we are again scheduled to assemble here tomorrow at 10. Oh boy, oh boy. We are having chicken salad sandwiches on potato rosemary bread, warm biscuits with butter and honey, grapes, and (cheating) maple cream sandwiches from Safeway. MJ gave me a loaf of pumpkin bread last weekend, and LG is bringing some treats as yet to be named. We have six definite and four strong possibles in reply to the twenty four invitations I sent out. Ten is a good number. Ah heck, any number is good. I LOVE giving these parties!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:39 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    And you could put your hands in your pockets to keep them out of reach of any cats!

    I did the same thing when I discovered Agatha. Now I have to read them day by day instead of in one long torrent.

     
  • At 12:53 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I'd love to be a definite for the knitting party!

    I need pockets too. Especially for the urge to smack stupid remarking people.

     
  • At 5:14 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Aren't you clever! And I'm so glad you got a do-over--I read ahead, and it looks like a LOVELY day:-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home