Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Check this out!!

http://www.opb.org/programs/artbeat/videos

This is such a rush for spinners and techno geeks. Some of you may want to show your husbands and Signif Others. A glass spinning wheel that really works! And a glass seismograph. And . . .

A while ago, I did a brief interview with my DH about my knitting. To wit:
ME: Many bloggers are posting interviews with their spouses about their knitting. Would you mind being posted?
HE (Strong silent type that he is) No. (with indulgent smile.)
ME:How do you feel about my knitting?
HE: I like it. It makes you happy and you make really nice things.
ME: (blushing) Thank you! Do you know what my favorite yarn is?
HE: Depends on your project. Usually the high end, good quality natural fibers. Good wool or good silk or a blend. Oh, and you like bamboo.
ME: Do you mind how much I spend on my knitting?
HE: No. You make good quality things for our friends and for yourself. And I really like the fingerless gloves you make for me.
ME: I would make you socks and sweaters if you could wear them. (He's a human heater.)
HE: I'd wear the ones you've already made me if we had really cold weather more often.
ME:Do you mind how much I spend on my tools?
HE:(with a twinkle in the eye) You mean the needles and stuff you get for a quarter at estate sales?
ME: Well, how about all the space the stash takes up?
HE: If it wasn't yarn, it would be something else. We're that sort of people.

The interview sort of collapsed then, with me hugging him and musing on how lucky I am to be with this wonderful man.

9 Comments:

  • At 7:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So, true, if it weren't yarn, it'd be something else. We're THOSE kind of people, too. He means artists, yes? :)

     
  • At 10:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Awwhhh - He's a sweety, alright.
    I mean, he goes to yard sales and brings you teacups, and he gives homes to homeless kittens...
    Happy Belated Birthday, K. M. -
    the Yiddish word is mensch, and you are one. (Trust me, that's a good thing.)

     
  • At 10:41 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    That's adorable-- what a keeper!!!! (We ARE that sort of people!!! It's a good thing!)

     
  • At 4:28 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    OMG!! That wheel is amazing. And your hunny is sweet also.

     
  • At 5:13 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    My husband answered mostly the same way. He has his hobbies and tools and stash and I have mine. They're in separate parts of the house but they're both important. I don't begrudge him his purchase of planes (and we have more clamps than things to clamp because "you can never have too many clamps")because he never says a word about my purchase of another circular needle. It's a tolerance thing. And a love thing.

     
  • At 6:14 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Sounds like a keeper!

     
  • At 7:54 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Awwww... I think I'll try this on the Professor...

     
  • At 8:16 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    Definitely a keeper! I don't think my husband still really understands the yarn thing, but I'm not too up on the tubes he puts in his amplifiers either :-)

     
  • At 12:01 PM , Blogger Bells said...

    Dude!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home