Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, November 14, 2008

Sunshine!

We have been under a bit of weather lately. Sometimes it rained like a cow peeing on a flat rock - a real toad-strangler of a storm. Sometimes the rain couldn't make up its mind if it was going to be a heavy fog or a light drizzle. You could walk in it for an hour an not get really wet. But for weeks, it has been gray. But somehow, an unlikely ridge of high pressure has rolled over us, and there's this bright thin overhead, and the sky is blue! Blue, I tell you! It is sooo blue!

Here we see Saint Roxanna with a celestial nimbus surrounding her beatific head. Under other lighting conditions you might mistake it for frizzy grey hair, but in the sunshine, it's a veritable halo! I love sunshine.

And since I love self-portraits, I did a silhouette. Do these leaves make my butt look big?

4 Comments:

  • At 8:23 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    What a simply gorgeous day. No, your butt doesn't look big but I never knew you were so tall! Have a wonderful weekend. Hope the weather lasts a few days.

     
  • At 9:30 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Santa Roxanna!

     
  • At 12:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    No, your butt makes the leaves look big! (I hope that's a compliment.)

    Actually, I'd like to take a rain check on this day and save it for next February, when I'll really need it. I don't mind it being yucky in November. It helps me write. When it's nice out I feel obligated to be outside.

     
  • At 2:21 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Yay for sunshine, especially after days of rain. It's such a gift. I have a four wheel drive vehicle and I learned early on that it's only good in certain situations. I have been glad for it when it's been snowing but not for the slippery times.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home