Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, November 16, 2008

I'm cooking today!

How to make cheesecake pie

Put on your apron.

Get out your favorite bowl.

Take 16 ounces of cream cheese, 2/3 of a cup of sugar, and 1/4 tsp of almond extract and blend till fluffy.

add three eggs one at a time while beating.

Pour into a 9 inch pie pan and bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees or untill golden brown.

Mix one cup of sour cream, 3 tablespoons of sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and pour over the hot pie. refrigerate. Serve well chilled.

DH requested cupcakes to take in to the locusts at work.

Boxed German chocolate cake mix and canned pecan/coconut frosting. I'm at the top of my game here.



Locusts get really hungry. I also whipped up some lemon cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.



And packed them in a basket. Tomorrow, happy DH and happy locusts. Why? Well, I really love him, . . .

7 Comments:

  • At 9:25 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    You are much more ambitious than I. All the goodies look wonderful.

    Do you lick the bowl?

     
  • At 9:37 PM , Blogger Bells said...

    Oh wow, looks great.

    But I can just that sometimes when reading American blogs, I'm amazed at how much packet stuff you guys use. Really amazed. I wonder why people use packet mixes for things that you can just as easily make...is there an explanation?

     
  • At 10:57 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    What lucky locusts!!!! And definitely a lucky DH!

     
  • At 8:25 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Fluffy cat optional?

    They sound yummy.

     
  • At 10:05 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Well, you had such a good assistant, I'm sure everything turned out yummy.

    Bells, it's a matter of priorities, I think. I almost never make dessert from a mix, but I do use Bisquick for biscuits and pancakes. I know perfectly well how to make either from scratch (which would taste better), I know the Bisquick is nothing more than mixed flour, baking powder and salt, which would take me no time to do myself, but I can just follow the recipe on the box without thinking about it... what can I tell you?

    I used to buy those little packets of instant oatmeal; then I realized that 1) quick oatmeal in the canister was about four times as cheap 2) scoop out oatmeal, add twice as much water, nuke for 2 minutes, how easy is that? Prying oneself out of a well-worn behavior pattern is not so easy.

     
  • At 10:49 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    Yummy Yummy. I love to bake but try not to, because neither of us needs the goodies. Baking for others is a good alternative - all the smell, none of the calories :-)

     
  • At 4:51 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    MMMMM Looks Delish!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home