Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hello, do I know you?

On Saturday, MJ hosted knitting at her beautiful house. The familoy dog, Shadow, was working security and had to verify everyone's identity.
We're old friends, but you never know, I could have been an imposter. I'm just glad Shadow isn't doing ID checks at the airport.

If I had the wits God gave a gopher I would have gotten photos of the gorgeous table MJ set - peach placemats and white china on the glistening cherry table - and the awesome treats she put out. She made a fruit tort with a chocolate filling that is so good that in the past, two women who hated her asked for the recipe. It had creamcheese or I would have completely blown my diet and throws myself upon it in an heroic effort to save the rest of the guests. Being lactose intolerant does preclude a fair ammount of that type of heroism. But there was also fruit salad with oranges, melon, and coconut. And finger sandwiches with the crusts cut off, and my reliable old friends, fresh veggies (with a demonic tarragon mayonaise to tempt me.) We laughed ourselves silly and ate to satiation and showed off our current knitting projects and just enjoyed ourselves vastly. There was a bouquet of peach roses that perfectly matched the peach placemats, but were too tall for the table, so we put them off to the side in the reading nook. MJ has such a knack for decorating!

ME: Knock, knock.
You: Who's there?
Me: Obsessive micro-manager. Now you say, "Obsessive micro manager who?"

10 Comments:

  • At 6:07 AM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Ah, yes, the never-failing canine security system. Thank goodness cats have more "aloofness".

     
  • At 8:43 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I know a few people who would ask "what's so funny about that?". I have a supervisor who is learning not to micromanage and it is a slow process. And you are truly a hero for wanting to throw yourself at the torte!

     
  • At 5:02 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    And that would be why I have cats! sounds like another lovely get together for the knitting group!

     
  • At 11:18 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow-- that dog got personal in a hurry, didn't he?

    Looks lovely--and the joke was great!

    (Did you hear about the fertilizer plant that used a sure-locking plant waste process to mimic the action of cow poop? They called their produce 'No-Shit Sure-Lock! I made that up driving through the fertilizer capital of California... go figure.)

     
  • At 9:08 AM , Blogger Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

    Sounded like a perfectly lovely knitting meeting! I don't entertain enough. I should, but then again, it's too much work!

     
  • At 11:53 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Obsessive micro-manager who?

    MJ and Shadow are clearly topnotch at what they do. About cats, though, galad, right after we bought our first house we were descended upon by a swarm of life-insurance agents, one of whom we invited over to make his spiel. So he was sitting on the couch with his ankle crossed over his knee when our beloved Ed, then an extremely friendly kitten of maybe six months, jumped through the triangle formed by his legs onto his lap. "Get down, you ill-mannered beast!" we said.
    The agent, desperately trying to maintain his composure, protested, "that's ok, I like cats," but in a tone and with body language screaming the exact opposite message. At least Ed didn't do the standard canine inspection.

    Another time Ed walked by the chair of another agent, who obviously really did like cats and who was wearing a very elegant navy suit (Ed was orange and white). She snapped her fingers at him, and I said, "don't do that unless you really want him on your... oops, too late."

     
  • At 12:44 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    I have a shadow named Truffles (rescue dog, came with the name) who looks just like that. However, Truffles prefers to be an armpit dog. I always say "Hey, look, so much long black armpit hair that it has a nose and eyes!" (Which seems to fit in with this thread.)

     
  • At 4:33 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    So you're a micro manager, huh? :) I tell people that I have CDO; it's like Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, except alphabetically, like it's supposed to be . . . .

     
  • At 6:53 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    LOVE the knock knock joke!!

    All the goodies sound devine. You have a lot of will power.

     
  • At 3:41 AM , Blogger Kate said...

    *Snort* love that joke. Mostly because I relate to it just a leetle too well.

    I understand where you're coming from with food intolerance and gorgeous gourmet opportunities. With me it's gluten intolerance and, ya know, you'd think I'd be wafer thin? Not so. My friends have nutted out what bickies to buy me. Le sigh.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home