Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Tuesday Morning

The tide is out, the clouds are in, and the water is mirror-still. Check out these reflections! I amused myself for quite a while reading the names on the boats. Velma is my favorite. Do you know anyone named Velma?


DH was sleeping when I got up. I wanted a cup of tea and thought it would be quietest if I just ran the water through the coffee maker. By doing that, I was able to produce a cup of brown liquid that almost, but not quite, exactly unlike tea. (Thank you, Douglas Adams.) It was wretched! Tomorrrow, I'll use the microwave.




DH woke and we went to breakfast. Gee, do you think we can find a place to sit? We were the only ones there all through the meal. It's mid-week, off-season and deserted. What a great time to vacation. We got astounding service, and the food was soooo yummy! DH had bacon and eggs with hash browns that were epic in their golden, greaseless crispyness. I had oatmeal. With dried cherries and toasted hazlenuts. It was divine! And a splendid cup of tea. Life is so good!




Then we went for a walk along the bay front. Does everyone follow nownormaknits? I had to get this photo. The boat is Norma M., and she has crabs.
I tried and tried to get pictures of a sea lion playing near the fish processing plant. My reactions just aren't fast enough. I got several great shots of where he used to be, and one or two nice pictures of his back as he began to submerge. It doesn't take long for a sea lion to grab a breath and dive again.

Seagulls are much easier to photograph.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:53 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    The oatmeal sounds absolutely yummy.

     
  • At 4:30 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    OOOOOOOO! MORE SAILBOATS!!!!

    Wildlife never cooperates for me either.

    And yes, I DO read Norma. And she says she is crabby (sometimes), but I don't agree.

     
  • At 7:33 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    You are making me want to run away from my job for the rest of the week and go to Morro Bay or even Ventura. Eat in deserted restaurants, play tourist at the harbor.

    I'm glad you're enjoying yourselves, yucky tea water not withstanding.

     
  • At 5:23 PM , Blogger the boogeyman's wife said...

    isn't velma the scooby-doo chick with the classes?

    love the douglas adams quote! i'm jealous of all the fun you're having. thanks for sharing the trip with us!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home