Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Tuesday afternoon

(See also, Tuesday morning below. I'll probably be blogging two or three times a day. )


We had lunch at the Canyon Way cafe and bookstore. For decades I have been going to the Canyon Way and for decades I have gotten top notch food. It happened again. I had a spinach salad that was so good I would have oil wrestled Tonya Harding for the last plateful. Luckily, they had lots, and I didn't have to. DH had the french cowboy sandwich - beef and mushrooms in rich gravy poured over french bread. Yummm!


And then, inspired by Amy Lane's upcoming book signing, I took a couple copies of my book in to the bookstore, and they agreed to carry me! Whoop, whoop! So if you get to Newport, please patronize the Canyon Way Bookstore.



Then we crossed the bay to the Aquarium Village shops to find the local yarn store. DH said I needed to get yarn from the coast. Yes, he IS a hero, and no, I can't clone him. We found Yarn for all Seasons, and DH mentioned that I wrote books about knitting and we wound up selling two books to Gayle just for her personal reading pleasure. And, of course, we bought some yarn. Two skeins of Noro Silk Garden for that nifty stripey scarf. Gayle had a wonderful shop with a terriffic selection of yarns!


On the way out of the shops, we found this sea monster. DH insisted that I had to put this picture on the blog.



And I finally succeeded in getting a shot of a California sea lion. Rather anticlimactic.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:03 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    "French cowboy sandwich"? That sounds kind of naughty to me. But I bet it was delicious. Gotta love a guy who insists that you need souvenir yarn.

     
  • At 4:33 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Yarn or anything fiber-related bought on a trip is not yarn or fiber or whatever, it's a souvenir.

    LOVE your photos!!

     
  • At 7:34 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Your sea lion photo is like my whale watching photo. Anticlimax.

    Just loving sharing your vac.

     
  • At 6:51 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I don't think I would mind too much being the only tourists there. It sounds like a romantic get away. It's quite nice when one's spouse is one's favorite vacation partner.

     
  • At 9:27 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh! Just looking at the pictures makes me want to go back up the Oregon coast! (Except this time I'd have a friend to visit!!!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home