Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I love this condo

I am so happy here! The living room is such cheery citrus colors! Very important in a place where almost every day is overcast. Comfy, overstuffed sofa and chairs with a view out over the marina. Yes!









The second floor master bedroom with vaulted ceiling and more cheery colors, and - the view!! The bed is soo comfy. Of course there is an upstairs TV and a downstairs TV and two bathrooms.

And a little writing room just off the bedroom. Isn't this the coziest little nook?
I adore the bathroom! Look at the tub! It's big and deep and regal.


I just adore the tub!






I know that many of you, when you think of a trip to the beach, have visions of frolicking in the waves in the sunshine. This is not something that happens at the Oregon coast. You pack for wind and rain when you come here. If you come in January, you pack for driving wind and rain. If you come in June, you pack for persistent wind and rain. If you come in August, you pack for inevitable wind and rain. The temperature will almost never get above 60 degrees, and the water is usuall about 38 degrees. Farenheit. Cold. People die in about 20 minutes in this ocean. So you plan on walking on the beach, watching the waves roll in, and rushing back to the room for a cozy dry-out in front of the fireplace. You stroll and you shop and you read and you - relax. I am - relaxed.

Breakfast this morning was less than stellar. Different place. DH had biscuits and gravy and was sadly disappointed. Heavily seasoned with onion salt. Yuck! I had oatmeal. It was so rich and creamy. I asked the waiteress if it was cooked with milk. In a rich British accent she replied, "Well of course. You always cook oatmeal with milk." Not in America. I'm lactose intolerant. I abandoned a delicious bowlful of rich, creamy oatmeal, and we wandered away. So now we are off in search of more food. Good luck to us!

6 Comments:

  • At 4:14 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    "Well of course. You always cook oatmeal with milk."

    I'm sure that wasn't so funny when you were hungry...but I thought it was. Maybe if I had grown up on creamy oatmeal made with milk I'd like it better now...as it is, I mostly keep it around for making cookies.

     
  • At 5:36 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    You look very relaxed. You're right, when I think of a beach vacation, I think of sand and waves and lots of sunshine. But I do love the beach in the winter. It's cold and windy and grey and just lovely in a lonely sort of way.

     
  • At 7:48 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    So where's the rubber ducky?

     
  • At 10:06 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    What a lovely place! May you and DH think lovely romantic thoughts on that Gothic cold and lonely coast!

     
  • At 10:36 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    You do look sooooo relaxed. Enjoy every second of your vacation and thanks again for sharing it with us!

     
  • At 7:58 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Ah yes, The Oregon Coast which I love so very much. I have a picture of Yaquina Lighthouse (from another orientation) on my living room wall. You're right of course, wind and rain.

    Here in SoCal we at least have sun with our wind. We share the same Japan current and our water isn't all the much warmer than your. When my children first went to the beach in Oregon and Ca after living at the equator and swimming weekly in tropical waters, they expected the water temp to be the same. The sun was shining, wasn't it? They had a real shock. We tried to warn them....

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home