Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Good grief, Starbuck!

One of the veils of reality has blossomed!














On my way downtown today, I got stuck on the bridge while it was up to let a largish boat sail under. Sooo, since I wasn't going anywhere fast, I got out and ran over to the railing with my camera. Look what is tied up at the riverfront! I think it's a copy of one of Columbus's ships. Can you imagine crossing the Atlantic in that cockleshell?


I met LG for lunch and much joy and hilarity (which always ensues when we get together) and she asked me to put her picture on my blog , knitting in public, to answer my challenge. For everyone who gives me a picture of herself (or himself) knitting in public, I will contribute $5 to Doctors without Borders.
Since the camera was out, we also got a photo of me in another hat. I really DO have a thing for hats!












Then I went on to see my friend, Teresa Ruch of Teresa Ruch designs, and she gave me some hand painted yarns to knit into samples for her.

The red is bamboo, the yellow is bamboo and tencell, and the blue is tencell. Pretty, pretty! I am knitting samples in exchange for yarns. I am even knitting (shudder) lace. I am SO greedy for her yarns!! Wish me luck.

7 Comments:

  • At 3:51 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Those are some lovely colors. Can't wait to see what you make with them.

     
  • At 5:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I donated to Doctors Without Borders too, and urge others to match Roxie's example. Here's their website: http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/donate/index.cfm

     
  • At 8:20 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    We toured a Santa Maria replica when we were in Columbus, Ohio, last summer. Looks like you saw the Nina:
    http://www.thenina.com/schedule.htm

    And I thought the Santa Maria was tiny for an ocean-going ship! The Nina was 17 feet shorter.

    The yarns are beautiful. I lean towards the blue-green one, myself.

     
  • At 9:46 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oooh... maybe I'll get a picture of the Teenaged American Chicken and send it to you--she makes a better shot anyway. (and the yarn is scrumptious!)

     
  • At 1:04 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    That is a fabulous hat! Talk about Ladies who Lunch :)

     
  • At 7:26 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    You DO look fabulous is hats and you have some fabulous hats.

    Thanks for the boat photo!!

     
  • At 5:35 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    I'd have a thing for hats, too, if I wore them as nicely as you wear yours! One day when you make your trip down south and visit me in Wagga, I'll take you around to all the hat shops in town, of which there are an absurd number. Wagga has a thriving racing community and it's de rigeur to wear hats. Women usually buy at least one every year for the Gold Cup. The most expensive one I've found was AUD$495 but it was truely beautiful.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home