Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A decade or so ago

When I first met DH, he was involved in fur-trader re-enactments. These are very much family friendly events. The first three or four we attended were in May, and actually moderately pleasant.

These pictures are photos of photos since the scanner is not hooked up to the computer that will allow me to transfer photos to Blogger. Sorry for the quality, but at least you get the general idea. We have one little trapper in a coonskin cap that is almost as big as he is.




One doting daddy and his darling daughter.

George is part Indian. Baby Eli was part badger and part snuggle bunny.











Most people wound up wearing hand-me-downs or borrowed clothes. Not quite this oversized, though. The little guy is in his dad's breechcloth but had to change into jeans because the breechcloth was dragging the ground, and he kept stumbling on it.



That's DH in the hand-woven, hand sewn wool overshirt and the hand-plaited sash.
















That''s me with DH's rifle. You may notice that I needed a bit of help holding that sucker up - and I was in shape then! Those old rifles were heavy artillery!







DH did everything he could to make me comfortable, even building me my own box for my tea things. In May, it was pleasant to sit by the fire in the morning and enjoy a cup of tea

.
And some cheesecake

In honor of ass-watch Wednesday, you will note that the breechcloth is a cheeky little garment.

9 Comments:

  • At 4:10 PM , Blogger Bells said...

    the mind boggles!! What fun!

     
  • At 4:12 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    heheh
    eye candy, huh?
    Was it really ten years ago that you were at the Oregon state fair?

     
  • At 6:38 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    Roxie, you said you worked for Pendleton downtown. Do you remember Myron Wallace? He was the head accountant/finance officer/bean counter; he retired in 1990? He's my BIL. I saw him over the weekend and he remembered you, or rather, a description of you.

     
  • At 9:37 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    HOw wonderful! What a lot of fun! I'm glad you could get it onto blogger.

     
  • At 11:23 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Thanks for the pictures including the cheesecake!

     
  • At 5:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yay for breechcloth! He's a cutie, front and back.
    And I like the shot of oyu with the rifle, and the modern outhouse in the background. :)
    PS- Hook up that scanner!

     
  • At 8:19 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    My mind is agoggle. Love you with the rifle. And the outhouse.

     
  • At 9:18 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    It looks cold and there is that bare chested hunky guy! Oh, and I am making my wonderful supervisor a pair of socks. I, being the skootch that I can be, told her my goals for the year for my evaluation were to knit 3 pairs of socks during meetings. She replied "only 3? I thought you were better than that". She is a supervisor who deserves a pair of socks!

     
  • At 9:26 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Now I know what Grant should wear to work...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home