Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Boys stink

Boys stink! No, I mean really! Teenage boys have a particular potent musk that makes tomcat urine seem mild by comparison. Quelle fungo! I don't know if it's just the stirring hormones of spring that are prompting this burst of pheremones, or if the warming temperatures mean fewer layers to trap the stench, but today, it was really hard to sit in the room with my GED tests. Those guys made my eyes water. It was the sort of perfume that hangs in the air minutes after the pomander has left. Note to self: Bring in the Orange Mate and hose down anyone with an incipient beard.

Getting out into the fresh air at the end of my shift was made even more pleasurable by a sweet, light, kiss-your-face rain. And I made it to the car before it changed to a cow-pissing-on-a-flat-rock rain, so I was a winner all around. The temperatures are over 45 at mid-day, the cottonwood trees are leafing out in that wonderful shade of bronze that lasts only a week or so, the air is full of wild green scents, and I just want to dance in the glorious springtime!

5 Comments:

  • At 9:38 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    Gee, anyone would think you're a bit chuffed that it's spring or something! Thankyou for the wonderful picture of the grape hyacinths. I've not seen any since I was a little kid and my mum had them. Do you have any petticoat daffodils?

    As for boys - hmmm. I've two older brothers and my mum used to send me in to wake them up of a morning and we both know why!!!

     
  • At 10:31 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Fifth and sixth grade boys and girls are the worst. They are growing but they haven't been introduced to deoderant yet.

    Gulp the fresh air when you can.

     
  • At 11:36 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I can't argue. I've got one in my house, and several i the classroom, and they wander inside in a trail of funkadelic funkaliciousness and ask me what the hell is that smell!!!

    But the rain must have been nice after all of that--Yah Spring!!

     
  • At 10:22 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I hear you with the smell!! I got on a train car the other day and there was only one other person, you guessed it, a young man. The car was ripe. A woman I used to work with called it "the hoagie smell". Whatever you call it, peyooooo. I didn't want to take out my knitting lest it pick up the smell.

     
  • At 3:00 PM , Blogger Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

    this post made me giggle. guess i'm not around teen-age boys any longer. i don't remember my nephews stinking up the joint! LOL.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home