Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Winter's last gasp

On Sunday, the skies opened and poured pea-sized hail on our neighborhood for almost twenty minutes straight. It looked like we had been covered two inches deep in pearl tapioca. Things warmed up on monday, and in the afternoon, the sun shone. I bundled up and walked a whole mile in the fresh air (Mailed my third manuscript to the artist who will do my cover. She says, "I could say that I need to get a fully rounded vision of the characters, but mostly I just want to see what your crew of wacky weavers are up to next." This is a genuine, unsolicited compliment. Oh boy!) But in spite of the sun, there was still hail on the ground in shaded corners. Then, because it was clear overnight, everything froze up slicker than Bill Clinton.

I started the car for DH when I went out for the paper this morning. (What a loving wife I am!) This saves him five minutes of scraping ice off the windows. I worry about leaving the car running and unattended, but there aren't too many car thieves wandering around our neighborhood at five AM on a frosty morning. Of course, all it takes is one.

And now I am trying to whip up my enthusiasm to get dressed, clean litter boxes, fix my lunch and face the freezy skid stuff on the highway to work. The weather people predict temperatures up to 60 degrees today! Happy first of April!!

4 Comments:

  • At 2:11 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    You're a wonderful wife. (Where is Frank Capra when we need him?) 60 degrees is more like it. I think it's about that here, but quite gloomy. Tomorrow we go back to sunny skies, chilly air.

     
  • At 3:59 PM , Blogger the boogeyman's wife said...

    "slicker than bill clinton"

    i love that!

     
  • At 9:05 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Well good luck on that enthusiasm--but now I have something to be enthusiastic about!! (yippee--another Sanna book!!!)

     
  • At 8:23 PM , Blogger Denise said...

    Congrats on making progress on your next book!!

    And driving on ice - ugh - one of the more frightening things I experienced when living in Colorado!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home