Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, March 29, 2008

it's a top.

I finished piecing the top, and ran out of steam. So I put away and tidied up the sewing machine and all the scraps, and I am letting ideas ferment in the back of my head till the sewing mojo strikes me for the back.
But meanwhile, close-up shots of some of my favorite squares.
Some of them are so loud they need volume control, others are very mellow and balanced.
Except for the placement of lights and darks, the arrangments are delightfully random. It's quite possible that random is my favorite color.


Meanwhile, the Christmas cactus starts that Lyssa sent me (Just folded in paper and tucked into an envelope. How casually hardy is that?)are taking hold and one has bloomed! Does that make it an Easter cactus? A Purim cactus? An income tax cactus? It is welcome and hailed as a strong survivor!

I just got hit by a blog spammer. How do I delete that comment? Don't go there!!!

5 Comments:

  • At 11:17 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Roxie, honey--you're killing me with all of this beautiful quilting! I see my boxes of fabric and I just want to break it out and...and... and I can barely see my kitchen table as it is. *sigh* There will always be later:-) (But that reminds me--I should send you a big ol' heapin' package of RANDOM.)

    And if you see Needletart's blog on teaching Purim in the interest of diversity, you'll definitely agree that it's a Purim cactus.

     
  • At 12:52 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    Oh that quilt is simply gorgeous!

    Sorry to hear about the spammer.

     
  • At 4:26 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    To delete the spammer, click on the trash can icon. It'll ask if you want to delete it forever. I get them occasionally.

    The quilt is gorgeous. I have books of patterns and one day I will just take over the dining room table and make everyone eat off tv trays while I make a quilt.

     
  • At 7:23 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Random is your favorite color? I like that!

    To get rid of the spam comment, log into Blogger/Blogspot, and go to this post so you can see both the post and its comments.

    Then you'll be able to see the trash can icon next to his little comment. Click on that, say Yes to delete forever, and poof! He's gone!

     
  • At 2:10 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    It is cool to see the cactus blooming! The mother plant is blooming now too...interesting to see that the sprout is still on the same schedule.

    The quilt is gorgeous!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home