Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, February 23, 2008

More fun with color

The body and bands of the sweater are done. Now, it's just sleeves, buttons, and if there's enough yarn, pockets. I'm pleased with the way it's turning out. So far.

DH and I went to the big Home and Garden Show - thousands of square feet - three different buildings. I bought a daylily corm and two oriental lily bulbs. We walked and looked and considered things. In 12 years, DH wants to retire. Already, he's considering things to do. So we talked to the Red Cross about volunteer opportunities. After we get the new windows paid off, we are thinking about replacing the garage door, so we started looking at garage doors and their opening systems. Nothing really exciting, but, it beats driving to Boise with a vanload of cub scouts. And then on the way home, we had to detour due to road constructions and look what we found!

Another bright house! Purple with yellow trim and plum accents. Click to enlarge. Wonder what colors their garden flowers are? And check out the house behind it. Barn red with lime green trim. A very artistic neighborhood!

9 Comments:

  • At 6:49 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    Lovely! I hope that they've got something wildly purple like a wisteria vine, lilac bush or a jacaranda tree. They just take your breath away when they're in bloom!

    You are such a prolific blogger and crafter that I can't keep up, hence the gaps in comments. Nevertheless, I love droppping in and seeing what's up in your neck of the woods.

     
  • At 7:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    There was definitely a shortage of neutral paint in that neighbourhood that year - to the benefit of all!!

     
  • At 1:14 AM , Blogger Bells said...

    Oh a purple house! I love it. Sometimes, adventure in housepainting colours really works~

     
  • At 7:24 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I wish we had been bolder when we sided our house several years ago with "never paint again" siding. It's faded (not supposed to but the company went out of business) to a pleasant light blue. Pleasant but innocuous. I guess we could paint the shutters hot pink or make them each a different color.

     
  • At 3:15 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    Nothing like conjugating made up words : )

     
  • At 5:26 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Love! Love! Love! the sweater!

     
  • At 8:41 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Excellent sweater! How do you do the armholes? I can think of a couple of ways, and I'm curious -- I wouldn't be at all surprised if I'd never thought of your way.

     
  • At 3:03 PM , Blogger Denise said...

    Oooh, I want a purple house! I think Hubby would leave me, though, so maybe not the best idea ;)

    Jumper is lookin' good!

     
  • At 7:40 PM , Blogger kathy b said...

    It is fun to see how the sweater is coming along from just a few posts ago! Love the houses and sunshine posts too

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home