Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Beware the ides of February

Caesar was told to be careful on the ides of March. the ides of March is a period of time that the winter's cold breaks, and relative warmth teases with a week or so of false spring. Caesar's problems were political, rather than meteorological. Around here, we get the ides of February, with sunshine andtemperatures up to 60 degrees. People will be running around in t-shirts and shorts, and driving convertibles with the top down. In two weeks, we will become another of those states with epedemic flu reports. And then it will rain till July.

But oh, the sunshine today! The sunshine!

I have a confession to make. Both Pat of Pumpkinknitter blog, and Tammy of Lavenderfields, have tagged me with the "You make my day" meme. And, though tickled silly, I have not passed the award along. How can I choose just ten? You ALL make my day! Every blog I check in to is a gift someone shares with me. A tiny bit of your life that I have the honor of participating in. Every one makes my day. Your kids, your knitting, your sorrows and joys. You all enlarge me and put me into perspective. Thank you, thank you! For the laughs and the tears and the news and the rants. You people make my day! Why else would I be so addicted to this blogging thing?

2 Comments:

  • At 8:42 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    (Laughing at the weather report...I understand that's Oregon!)

    And Roxie? My day wouldn't be complete without your playful, colorful prose, your amazing knitting, your strength, your humor, your fearless way of looking at life. Sanna is awesome--but she's only 18 years old...you, my darling, are a woman to be RECKONED with.

    Your every blog is a joy.

     
  • At 11:22 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    I for one love to check in on you every day, because you make my day with your rich words and hilarious humor!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home