Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day


Do we all remember the lovely yarn that Dave Daniels dyed and spun? All those pretty muted pastels. Sigh of bliss!

Don't they just rock with my old-Norwegian-lady coloring? (I saw a book cover once - I think it was called Norwegian Humor - which featured two white-haired grandmotherly ladies in white blouses and white cardigan sweaters, both pale as snow with not even a touch of lipstick to put some color in the shot. Faded blue eyes, transparent eyebrows and lashes. . . It's a darn good thing that I have a vivid personality, or I could get lost in a thick fog.)

It's hard to take self portraits decently. I have several shots of the top of my head or of my chin and boobs, but this is about the best to show face and scarf together. I am wearing the scarf almost daily, Dave, and I loves it!



Spring is quietly sneaking up upon us. Buds are swelling. Crocus are blooming in shelterd areas. Squirrels are beginning to play grabass in the upper stories of the trees. The sap is rising, and Candy is keeping a close eye on it all.

Willow asked where you buy a yarn magnet. You don't buy one. Sometimes you become one. If you are prodigal with your gifts of knitting, and expect nothing in return,not even appreciation, the Universe will enable you to continue. As soon as you begin to expect something, anything at all, moths will descend upon you. Be grateful. Rejoice in what you have. Dance and be happy and knit on. Thus endeth the lesson.

7 Comments:

  • At 4:56 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    The scarf looks even better doing what it does best.

     
  • At 6:08 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    What a lovely lesson--and a fabulous scarf! I've noticed that sometimes my stash really does mate and grow... (and I love the thought of squirrels playing 'grabass'...I've always wondered about squirrel courtship. Now I know.)

     
  • At 7:01 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    The Scarf is SPRING!

     
  • At 11:01 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Thank you for the lesson, maestra! You are the true mistress of generosity!

     
  • At 7:12 AM , Blogger Shan said...

    Love this scarf and this post. I'm also jealous of your spring. We're still under snow here, with yet another storm expected Sunday night.

     
  • At 9:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow, you and that scarf both look great! Nice job, it's just as I pictured it from your description of how you wanted to do it. Well done!
    And, spring? I don't wanna talk about it.

     
  • At 12:48 PM , Blogger Norma said...

    VERY COOL scarf!!! Spring is a lonnnnng way off here yet. Eek.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home