Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Time to start getting your greens

Green,green grass and some pale green yarn. Fresh! And temperatures in the fifties! Woohoo! It's much too early to put away the wool sweaters, but sorting the closet for spring is a definite potentialiaty.

Daffodills are coming up where I don't remember planting them. Either there is a phantom gardener in the neighborhood, or the squirrels have been gang planting, or my memory is not what it used to be. Could it be possible? Gangs of squirrels moving bulbs from here to there? I know they are big with the walnut and hazlenut seedlings, but clusters of daffodils? I was told you can stop squirrels from digging up your daffodil bulbs by wrapping them in chicken wire, but how are you going to wrap a squirrel in chicken wire? And wouldn't the animal rights people have a runaway if they caught you at it? Doesn't make sense to me.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:57 PM , Blogger TinkingBell said...

    Loved the GWB joke!!! and the stream of consciousness about the squirrels - mass plantings - I wouldn't put anything past them - they have an air of sly knowingness about them!

     
  • At 11:26 AM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    If you figure out how to wrap squirrels in chicken wire, be sure to pass on the technique to the Harlot. She might be able to stop the rat bastards from stealing her fleeces. ;)

     
  • At 12:09 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    The grass-colored yarn is so sweet. And if you wrap a squirrel in chicken wire, would that make it a squicken?

     
  • At 3:22 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Inner city squirrels can gang plant most anything, so maybe the suburban squirrels have been taking lessons.

    Not a squicken. A churrel.

     
  • At 6:29 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    God! Woman. You crack me up!

    We're still covered in snow and below freezing. Love the new greens, all of 'em.

     
  • At 8:38 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Is that your handspun? Love the wire joke. I've heard that squirrel tastes like chicken. Then again, doesn't everything?

    We do have a brook nearby with several large pools, frequented by mallards and beavers and the occasional great blue heron. Do you have great blue herons? I forget what their range is.

     
  • At 10:23 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    cousin! i think i found you!~ send me an email

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home