Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Knitting, I haz it

The next door neighbor was headed out for his mail today, and just had to ask why I was hunkered down in the wet grass with my yarn things. He's not exactly a Luddite, but computer facility is not his strong point. I explained about my blog and how I'm sharing pictures of my knitting with people from Toronto to Queensland, and he walked away looking more puzzled than before.
The snowdrops have been out for a week, now.

The sweater is one of those that I like to knit from side to side. The stripes, therefore, will be vertical on the finished garment.

Here's a close up so you can appreciate the colors. "Blue boo?" Who could find anything wrong with this dye job? I loves it!!

Last night, DH and I went to our favorite Italian restaurant for dinner. Man, the night after Valentine's Day is the time to dine. When we got there, there was one other coulple in the place. When we left, there were nine people there. I could have roller-skated through the place. The owner was happy to see us!

It was one of those damp chilly evenings when the cold seeps into your bones, and I wanted to start out with something warm to drink. I got a bourbon toddy, and since I hadn't eaten, it went straight to my head. Empty stomach, plus warm booze - what was I thinking? Oh my I felt all warm and happyyyyy. DH fed me garlic bread and made the room quit wobbling. DH can make everything better!! I love him soo much!

The food was good. Home made minestroni for starters. Dh had lasagne. I had fried oysters, and spaghetti with pesto. I used to think olive oil was olive oil and anyone who bought the more expensive stuff was just doing it for swank. I have learned the error of my ways. They use SUCH good olive oil at DaVinci's! I complimented the owner (who was also our waiter) and told him I could have licked the plate. "Go ahead," he said with a smile. I picked up the plate and licked the full length of it, and he burst out laughing. "I like you!" he chortled as he carried our bare empty plates away. Little does he know - one more hot toddy and I would have been dancing on the table. And at my age, that's not a pretty sight.

7 Comments:

  • At 5:46 AM , Blogger margene said...

    I love snowdrops! It will be weeks before they show up around here.

     
  • At 7:23 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    That waiter will learn to never dare you to do anything!

    It's true that not all olive oil is created equal.

    The sweater is going to be dazzling!

     
  • At 11:06 AM , Blogger Tammy said...

    I like how that sweater is coming together!! Very pretty.

     
  • At 6:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Actually, I think Roxie dancing on a table at ANY age would be fun to watch! Rock on, sister.

     
  • At 7:20 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Love the sweater colors and that the beautiful spring stripes will be horizontal.

     
  • At 7:23 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Forgot to add:

    My neighbors probably think I'm a bit teched when I'm out with the camera. I suppose driving by it looks like I'm taking a photo of the driveway or sidewalk or just plain grass. It does look more interesting, I suppose, when I drape things (yarn, half finished socks, etc) on trees and bushes.

    Love your snowdrops. Maybe spring really is coming.

     
  • At 8:39 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh darlin--you know you have great legs!

    I'm so totally taken with that sweater...I love combining multicolor yarns w/solids...the things those colorways do to my knees...

    Sounds like a great evening out--go DH--everything is better and more grounded with hot garlic bread:-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home