Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, February 18, 2008

happy holiday

And on this day to honor the previous presidents of our glorious land, George Bush fell asleep at his desk, and in his dream he was approached by three of the most famous of our national leaders: George Washington,Thomas Jefferson, and Abraham Lincoln. George Washington spoke first and said, "George, my namesake, for the good of your country and for the good of history, I want you to spend the rest of your term telling the truth. If you have done wrong, admit. Like me, you should never tell a lie."

And President GW Bush said, "Well, you know, that's not expedient in the current state of the union what with all the terrorists and illegal imigrants and media blitzes. I just don't think I can do that, President Washington."

Then President Jefferson stepped forward and spoke."At least you must learn to listen to the people. This should be a government of the people, by the people, and for the people."

And President GW Bush said, "Well. things are a lot more complicated now than they were in your day, Tom. We can't let government get into the hands of amateurs."

Then President GW Bush turned to President Lincoln and said, "Do you have any advice for me, Abe?"

And Lincoln said, "Go to the theatre, George. Go to the theatre."

Sorry. I just couldn't help it!

On Sunday, DH and I went to the Yard and Garden Show and feasted our eyes on flowers and water features, patio furniture, and yard art. And whole portable gardens with full-grown trees and waterfalls brought in and set up on display.

As we strolled the display gardens, one of the ornamental pieces suddenly stood up and walked over to another setting, scaring the heck out of a number of the passers-by, She is using stilts and long balance poles, and does an eerie sort of slow dance as she moves from one garden to the next. I was so fascinated that I forgot to haul out my camera till the last minute.

And I notice in passing, that this is my 502nd post, and one day past my second anniversary in the blogverse. Wow, time does fly! You know I've been having fun.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:27 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow! That 'ornamental piece' was totally cool--and I'm forwarding the joke to my folks:-)

     
  • At 6:19 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Contrats! on two years of blogging and 500+ posts!

     
  • At 6:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congrats on the anniversary. And the TON of posts. Over 500? You've had a lot to say.

     
  • At 11:34 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    *sigh* Only 11 months and 2 days. Love the movable ornament! Two years? Time does fly, indeed.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home