Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Didja see the moon?

See, what happened last night, is that Australia sashayed right between the moon and the sun, and all of us on the dark side of the earth got to watch the shadow slowly embraceing, then releasing our big bright neighbor. I've been watching ballroom dance championships on TV, and this looked like a sustained rhumba move. Slow and sexy. And wonder of wonders, it was clear here in the valley, and we were able to watch the whole thing!! Wowser!! I'm sure other people got awesome photos. My little point and shoot just doesn't have the chops for celestial phenomena.

The BlueMoon BlueBoo sweater is using up that gray Cascade a lot faster than I expected, so I toddled off to the LYS today to get some more, and because some airhead was blocking the driveway while she chatted on her cell phone and rummaged in her purse, I wound up taking the back route out of the parking lot. Isn't it wonderful when something annoying turns out good? I drove home on different streets and found this house. I know there are homeowner's associations that would never consent to these colors, let alone permit them to be so flagrantly combined. And wouldn't that just be a crying shame? This is a song of joy in the neighborhood. Yay for yellow houses!!

5 Comments:

  • At 5:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I'm all about colour but I think that Kerwyn would put the kibosh on that much colour being on the outside of our house!

     
  • At 6:40 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I love that house. There is a town here that sued a homeowner for painting his door purple so he retaliated and painted the whole huge victorian purple. It was gaudy as all get out but quite the attention getter. The town folks were horrified and they went back to court. There is a town ordinance that says houses can only be "historically accurate" colors. Who's history?

     
  • At 6:34 AM , Blogger Kate said...

    Donna lee's right. There's one house, though, in that "historically accurately colored" town that always used to stick out. It was salmon pink and some other hideously mismatched color. I always wondered how they got away with it.
    In our neighboring town there's a house painted entirely plum purple, with mustard yellow shutters and accents. Ugly, isn't it? But I like the yellow house, it's nice to see something so bright on your street. All the houses on my street are light blue, white, or brown it seems.

     
  • At 12:05 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I love that house. I would die in a homeonwners association...for one thing, we let our lawn die in the winter.

    I saw that...naughty Australia, doing that sexy dance that made the moon blush...

     
  • At 11:34 AM , Blogger Shan said...

    That's a great looking house. Oh and your book is finally on it's way:)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home