Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sundaze

For my friends in Australia, here's my entire cozy collection. The white one even has a story. Decades ago I took a trip to Vancouver, British Columbia, and stopped in Munroes bookstore and discovered a bounty of Georgette Heyer novels. I bought as many as I could afford, then after I had returned home and gotten the trip paidd off, I wrote to Munroe's and ordered some more, explaining that I spent my Sunday mornings in bed reading Georgette Heyer and sipping tea till the pot wqs stone cold. My book order was shipp and I found this cozy enclose with a note "This will keep it hot till you drain the pot. No one should ever drink cold tea!"





A little knitting got done between the eating, talking and laughter on Saturday.

And here's another of my treasured cups. I do love the dragons!

6 Comments:

  • At 8:58 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    That cup is lovely, Roxie! I love oriental cups, and I got one for Christmas from my parents. It's Korean and comes with a lid and tea leaf-strainer. I love it.

    The cozies are pretty cool, too. Bright colors everywhere!

     
  • At 11:23 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    EXCELLENT story--and great photos as well! It sounds like a wonderful day:-) (The cup is gorgeous, darling--very very pretty!)

     
  • At 1:59 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    I love it! A retailer with a sense of humour and generosity! That's a lovely little cosy and I love it's pom poms. I'm not entirely sure why but the yellow one reminds me of a silky feathered chook, while the red and white one has gravitas. This is a cosy of purpose not to be put off or trivialised : )

    I also have a small fixation on beautiful tea sets. You're rightly fascinated by your dragons - beautiful.

     
  • At 2:48 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I love the story. It reminds me of a movie "84 Charing Cross Road" with Anne Bancroft and Anthony Hopkins. The dragons are great. I love the shiny gold. I do not own a tea cozy and suppose I should make one because I do not like hot tea that has gone cold. I have a lovely tea pot that a treasured Aunt gave me that plays "tea for two" when you pick it up. There is a small music box built into the bottom. I also have one pot from each of my grandmothers. It's funny how each one reflects the woman who owned it. I treasure them and use them often.

     
  • At 7:27 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Is that brioche stitch? I love the pompoms. They are all wonderful; the yellow one looks like some sort of mutant flower. (A man-in-the-moon marigold perhaps?)

    I love the china, too. I'm very fond of dragons. One of these days I will knit one.

     
  • At 2:47 PM , Blogger kathy b said...

    I love your post today! I made my first tea cozy for my one and only acrylic swap partner at Loving Comfot knits. I felted it. Hid a lot of mistakes

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home