Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, February 04, 2008

I got the piecing bug again

I've had this tropical fabric marinating in my stash, and a plan came together in my head. I don't have time for this, but I've been wanting to piece for weeks now, so finally I gave in. The mess gets liberally spread across the diningroom table, and the chief assistant arrives.
So far, so good - but why doe the fabric never go as far as I think it will? It's going to be a long vest, but I'll have to find a load more fabric to pull that off. And then there's lining as well. And my assistant doesn't think much of my haphazzard seams.

It's been picked up and stashed in the guest room all unfinished and needy, because my week is going to be way too darn busy. A friend (Jeff Creswell) has been reading Sanna to his 6th grade class, and has invited me to come in and read the final two chapters on Thursday. I am thrilled!! But that shoots half of Thursday. I'm working all day Tuesday and Friday, and I've got Writer's group on Wednesday so that leaves me the pre-seven AM spaces to clean house for the knitting group(the Portland Purls), set the table, and on Thursday, I'll get in some baking before and after the reading. There is no room left in here for sewing or I'll turn into one of those women who thinks she has to do everything and do it perfectly and go a hundred miles an hour with her hair on fire.

We are having gingerbread with yogurt cheese, almond cookies (maybe. If I can find the recipe.) clementines, and deviled eggs. And a selection of teas served in my Asian cups.

So sometime next week we will have further sewing pictures.

We went to see "Cloverfield" on Sunday instead of the football game. "Cloverfield is shot like a documentary with a hand-held camera. I started getting sick to my stomace with all the swooping and jerking and bad focusing. On the other hand, it was a pretty good critter flick. They stayed true to the premise - that this is a video shot by two guys who have no idea what's going on and never actually find out. And everyone dies in the end. The critter has young or parasites or something that jump off it and attack people and they are the thing of nightmares - Like mastiff-sized carnivorous insects. Eeeeewwwww!

9 Comments:

  • At 11:29 PM , Blogger Kristin Shields said...

    Beautiful fabric! I look forward to seeing what you make of it!

     
  • At 1:03 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    Oh beautiful, beautiful fabric once again Roxie.

    I am especially pleased to see a supervisor on the job!

     
  • At 6:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I'm sure that you'll find a way to "make it work"!

     
  • At 8:11 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Bobbing your head to the bumps of the camera, make it a bit easier to stomach.

    Can't wait to see the vest.

     
  • At 3:20 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Your menu, as always, sounds great!

    Your color sense is fabulous.

     
  • At 3:34 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Yummy menu--yucky movie! But I still want to see the movie--and your finished product! (I'm so excited--Sanna is getting read to a class...they'll be SOOOOO thrilled to see you!)

     
  • At 4:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'd like to see Cloverfield, but those shaky cameras really make me sick, too. There are a lot of TV shows that are like that these days, too, and I am SO not a fan, and I won't watch. What's wrong with using a tripod, I ask you? WHY must everything look like it was shot by a bunch of ignorant students, without a clue to holding a camera steady???

     
  • At 7:46 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Because the movies ARE shot by a bunch of ignorant students without a clue to holding a camera steady.

    Lovely fabrics, Roxie!

     
  • At 5:54 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    How cool to read your own book to a class!!! We once got a favorite author's autograph (Ben Bova) and kept it on the frige for weeks and weeks. Probably should have put it away but it was more fun to see it everyday. Those kids are in for such a treat.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home