Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, February 07, 2008

On the run!

The Portland Purls will be gathering here on Saturday at 10 AM (And if I haven't gotten to you yet, and you want to come, please give me a call!) and I am working all day Friday, so today is the clean house, do the baking, set the table day. I was going to make gingerbread, but I'm out of molasses, so it's also shopping day. AND, it's the day when I am taking my first book, Sanna, Sorceress Apprentice, to read to a grade school class. So I'm flying low right now. Should I stuff the deviled eggs on Friday night, or wait till Saturday morning?

The suggestions for the "Discarded Flowers" yarn have been very helpful. A lace shawl is a lovely thought. I am, however, lace impaired. On the other hand, to quote Lucia (soundslikefuschia) I am bisticktual, so perhaps I should crochet something . . .

4 Comments:

  • At 9:39 AM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Don't you love the Discarded Flowers? I have not been disappointed once by her color sense!

    I tagged you for an award. :)

    Kim and I won't be able to come this time, she's still sick, though probably not contagious, it's just better to stay home. Take care!

     
  • At 2:39 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oohh... a crochet mesh scarf...(I forget what that technique is called...the one where you make pictures using the spaces... filet crochet--that's it! Do a filet crochet picture--you'll love it!)

    Anyway--enjoy reading your book out loud...you'll get such a rush!

     
  • At 5:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I read the first two Sanna books just after Christmas (absolutely loved them), and you've said you're working on the fourth book... when can I get the third? *taps foot* I'm impatient :)

     
  • At 5:35 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    I think you should try my basic diamond/triangle lace pattern. Which is really, really basic. Really.

    I'd definitely go for tomorrow morning on the deviled eggs. I wouldn't want to leave eggs sitting around outside their shells for any length of time.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home