Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Dave Daniels of Cabin Cove fame has been on a wild spinning kick. Over two miles since Christmas I mean, holey crow! Two Miles of Yarn! So he has gotten into chubbies lately. (Norma, quite sniggering. We're talking about bulky yarn.) He showcased this gorgeous skein on his blog and I went mad with desire. (For the yarn, Norma. Dave's not my type.)And offered to make it up into a scarf using a Scandenavian finger-weaving technique called sprang. Dave, being the incredibly generous guy that he is, sent it to me and told me to make something for myself! Well, joy unbounded!

So I have a whole new plan for the yarn now. I have some of that lavender alpaca and silk yarn left. I'm using size ten needles and the world's most basic lace stitch (yo, k2tog) to make a soft lavender mesh through which I will weave Dave's gorgeous hand-spun bulky. Photos to follow!!

And DH, being the prince that he is, bought me a new skein of Artwalk Sock Yarn. Inspired by Renoir's Discarded Flowers. Soooo pretty! Oh, what will this grow up to be? I'm just not a sock knitter, but mitts maybe? Another scarf? I'll have to carry it around and dwell on it.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:34 AM , Blogger Norma said...

    That Dave is a prince. It's nice just to own that skein for a piece of art!

    That sock yarn looks intriguing, too!

     
  • At 6:58 AM , Blogger margene said...

    Renoir's Discarded Flowers would make a lovely Flower Basket Shawl! (or any other shawl)

     
  • At 7:54 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    When I saw the sock yarn, I thought 'summer shawl'.

     
  • At 8:51 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    This is the first month I didn't get the Art Walk yarn and I'm regretting it. That is seriously beautiful. I am a sock knitter but I think that color would make a lovely summer shawl. Just enough for the heavy a/c we have at work.

     
  • At 2:35 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Mitts, mitts, mitts, mitts... or, better yet... hat, hat, hat...

    *chubbies...snicker...she said chubbies...*

    Okay...I'm never gonna look at chunky yarn again...

     
  • At 6:47 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Ooooo, pretty! That yarn would be pretty no matter what you made with it. You know I'm a socknitter and I can see the socks . . . . hmmmm.

    I think carrying it around, petting it now and again, having it close so you can gaze upon it and be inspired is a good thing.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home