Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, December 17, 2007

Thank Goodness we took Monday off!

Our flight landed in Chicago, we hustled straight over to our departure gate, stopping neither for food nor bodily functions, and made our flight to Portland just before they shut the door. Thank you for all your good wishes, because the whole trip back home was lucky like that. Things could have been bad, but they turned out OK! We got to bed by midnight thirty, slept without moving till the kitties woke me at 7. I got up, fed them, cleaned litterboxes, and went back to bed. Finally, at 11 we rolled out and started trying to deal with the day. It's a nasty shock. I can still feel the ship rolling. There was no baked apple for breakfast. And the suitcases are full of dirty laundry. No one is picking up after me or refilling the ice bucket or making my bed. The rain is cold, and the views are not sunny. I have been SO spoiled!!


So her are a few photos from the cruise.



Here is Idad. You can see why he is so much fun to be around.














Ababe, with me on the far left.















Gdude














Family E at the Captain's Welcome aboard party.









6 Comments:

  • At 6:39 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    The spoiling is unfortunately over. That is unless you can bribe the husband into bringing you the baked apple and that laundry could sit for one day. The cold rainy views, however, are an immutable part of life as we know it. I am glad to hear the trip was a success and you are home in one piece.

     
  • At 8:24 PM , Blogger Janette said...

    Oh welcome home weary travellers!

    Another great holiday under your belt and as usual, I've enjoyed every minute you've shared with us.

    Looking forward to the rest of the photos and so pleased you had a great time. xx

     
  • At 3:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Welcome back! You're just in time for the Holiday Festivities to begin.
    Have you thought of looking into a wait-staff, perhaps?

     
  • At 7:56 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    It's a shock, isn't it?
    Ababe's dress is every bit as beautiful as you described it.

     
  • At 10:02 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Welcome home! At least you're not up to your whatsis in snow.

     
  • At 6:38 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh, but you can remember it all fondly--and the pictures are magnificent... (And, I'm sure the crapweasles, I mean babies, will forgive you in a year or so...)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home