Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

It's shoesday!!

Aren't they sweet? $15 at Pay-less and comfy enough for all day walking. I search and search for good walking shoes that won't make me look like Minnie Mouse. And now I can sing "Blue Suede Shoes" with Elvis. "well you can mock my car, slap my face, slander my name all over the place, but don't you - step on my blue suede shoes. You can do anything but stay offa my blue suede shoes!"

The fir tree is stillupright and firmly attached to all its limbs. The kitties have forgotten their fright entirely, though Pepper spent about twenty minutes in the middle of the night sucking on my neck and kneading with her needle-sharp claws. You know how it is when you really don't want to wake up, but there's some annoyance that won't let you sleep? I tried hard to ignore it, because it makes her so happy and finally she quit without having to be thrown across the room. But I woke up with a big kitty hickie on my neck this morning.

And after the storm, we had a bit of sunshine, so rather than run the vacuume, I took photos in the garden. Here is the finished odds and bobs scarf. The coral edge makes it look tidy.




And here is half the Fantasy Fibers Mystery batts, with one ply from each of three batts. It's rich, grey/blue/plum/purple tweed and soo soft. About worsted weight. I think I'll have about 520 yards when I'm all done. I don't remember if that's enough for a sweater or if I'll need to add in something else. But it's going to be simple and sophisticated to let the glory of the yarn shine through.

I had every intention of adding in beads, but then couldn't figure how to get them over the hooks on the flyer. I may just thread them up and add them in as I knit for a little extra sparkle. My inner magpie likes things that are shiiiiney!

By the way, thanks to the folks who told me how to cook pumpkin. It sounds yummy and I think I'll give it a try.

On a more serious note, I have been loving the pictures of children that their parents post on their blogs, but there are weirdos out in the world. Is it safe to put your darling's photo on line?? And when does the baby bathing in the sink become child pron? There's a hysterical shot of a little guy having breakfast, sitting on the floor with his legs spraddled around his cereal bowl, and his little dingle dangling in the Oatie-os and milk. It's so innocent and cute, but I can see where a predator might have other thoughts. (Ewwww!!) So what do you think is appropriate?

9 Comments:

  • At 10:19 PM , Blogger Bells said...

    I think all nudie kid shots are just asking for trouble. I'd never do it. Fully clothed or not at all. It's too risky and that is so very sad.

    Great shoes!

     
  • At 7:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The Mystery yarn is wonderful! Like I tend to imagine a winter sunset would be somewhere way up north, when the sun is close to disappearing. And for odds and bobs, the scarf looks very sophisticated!

    Have to agree with Bells... We're a long, long way from the days of baby on a bearskin rug photos. (How the heck did that get started anyway?) Even with clothes, you've got to watch what you say, too. Of course, there's the corollary that much of the same danger was always there...just not acknowledged so openly. True, it's easier for weirdos to get info from the net, but they were always out there. At least now parents are more aware, too - even if people don't always seem to remember about it!

     
  • At 8:04 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    I am very careful with kid shots. If I post a picture of a child, I will have gotten the parents' permission. And they are always fully clothed.

     
  • At 3:05 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 3:10 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Love the yarn

    Did something happen to the odds and bobs scarf? I don't see a photo. Bad blogger and trixie computer ates it.

    I agree ~ fully clothed on the internet and I would even go so far as to blur the face of the child so her/his face couldn't be cut and pasted onto anything else.

    However, those once (or twice) in a lifetime naked baby shots for immediate family albums only are still cute (and embarrassing) 20+ years later!

     
  • At 5:05 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I never post photos of children. I am too afraid. My own children are adults and have ok'd my using their photos (ok, I twisted their arms, but they gave in). I take photos of my niece and nephew but I have a feeling their parents wouldn't like them to be available online and if anything ever happened I would feel awful. The mystery batt came out gorgeous! Who knew all that beauty was hiding in there?

     
  • At 11:18 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow--that yarn looks very very rich...I love it! The kitty hickie thing was hilarious (if not so restful for you!) and they make me grateful that my daughter's psycho cat gives kitty hickies too...

    And about kiddie shots? Hm. I should probably worry more--I don't. My blog readership is small--and I can actually get blogger to run the photos so damned rarely that I think a weirdo looking for cute kids would just give up on me. My header for my blog is knitting, writing, teaching, motherhood... I don't think a pedophile would wade through all of that just to get a glimpse of the cave troll in the sink once every three months. Of course, I'm also fairly dependent on the pseudonyms, and that (maybe falsely) also reinforces my sense that, as a pedophile stalking ground, I'm just not worth it until I get the Cave Troll out into public. (This last weekend it started raining at Chicken's soccer game and he disappeared. It turned out that dad said, "We need to get the umbrella from the car" and he decided to do JUST THAT without us. When he got to the car, he set off the car alarm by accident and was running back to Mate, who was taking a chance and searching for him in the parking lot. When I could swallow my heart again, it occurred to me that trying to keep them safe is always sort of a crapshoot as it is...)

     
  • At 3:36 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    OK. Today I can see the scarf!

    Very pretty!

     
  • At 9:00 PM , Blogger Shan said...

    Love the shoes. Love them!

    I have to admit I'm more concerned about threats to my children in everyday life. I feel pretty comfortable online due to my small readership. I do check my stats at least once per day, seeing what kinds of searches bring folks to me site (by and large it's the recipes).

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home