Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, November 12, 2007

doesn't windy come after shoesday?

We have the first good storm of the season blowing in. Over the course of the morning, the walnut tree has been denuded! There are douglas fir branches down across the street, and the mist, being driven by 30mph gusts, will penetrate saran wrap! Oh, and all the kitties want to sit on me. I have tried typing one-handed while holding one cat on my lap and one clutched against my chest, but when a third demands to lie down across the wrist at keyboard level, never mind that there is no desk-top underneath that wrist, I pretty much have to give it up and take all the kids to bed. Imagine me covered with nervous cats, all napping on the side of the house away from the big fir tree that has been yearning, lo these many years, to blow down onto us. I have a thousand things to do today, but evidently all of those things involve comforting kitties. (Yeah, right. Suffer, Roxie. Suffer!)

6 Comments:

  • At 4:29 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    My cat hides under the bed or my desk, when it gets stormy. The rest of the time she likes to perch on my shoulder.

     
  • At 8:03 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    The wind is blowing already this morning. This is usually a sign of an impending Santa Ana Wind. I think all the leaves are down and trees are already blown over in the last Santa Ana, there can't be any more left, as we lost so many last time.

     
  • At 8:35 AM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Aaawww. Isn't it sweet to be needed?

     
  • At 1:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hope that fir tree stays put, period, let alone having lasted out yesterday. I don't want to be watching the news after a storm some time and suddenly have to exclaim, "Ohmigod, that's Roxie!" ::making aversion signs::

    On the other hand, that comforting kitty thing sounds like fun. ;) Me, I went to bed shortly after the wind came up in the wee hours. Stayed awake for a while, listening to the little maple outside my window scrape every so often...and being thankful for a change that they'd pruned it this year, 'cause it really had to be moving to touch the apt., after the ruthless clipping they did!

     
  • At 2:18 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    May the tree stay put for a hundred more years...and your kids remember that they come equipped with claws.

     
  • At 2:50 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Some of our trees are bare and others have all their leaves still in their fall glory!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home