Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, October 18, 2007

blogger is back! Good blogger!!




Here are the photos from our pumpkin hunt on the last dry day of the year (Unless we get one of those frigid east winds off the high desert in December. Then everything is freeze-dried for two or three days before the freezing rain hits.)








The guy who owns this pumpkin patch also has a little hobby. He likes toy trains. Well, scale model trains. This runs all over his property. The pumpkin head on the engine is a seasonal addition.

We didn't take the train, but if we had, we would have been closer to the guys loading pumpkins into the wagon. The Sunday sky is foggy and grey, but NOT rainy!

And here are the guys unloading the wagon. I tried to get a shot of the pumpkins in mid-toss but my reactions just aren't quick enough. They blithely fling the gourds from hand to hand to hand to pile. Bet these fellows have muscles like strings of bowlingballs.








Here is DH with our selection. Isn't this a classic sort of photo?
And here are the Tuesday shoes! These are my duck-foot shoes. Wide at the toe are they. You will notice that most of my practical shoes have straps or ties at the ankle. That's because I have a narrow heel that pops right out of most shoes unless buckled in. So much for Tuesdays shoes.

Today, Thursday, I am prepping the house for Saturday's knitting group, and getting my hair cut. Choosing tablecloth and dishes and teacups, and shopping for fruit. TW is doing the baking. She is a master baker and my mouth waters in anticipation. Her biscotti are world class! She will bring pumpkin bread and scones as well and maybe brownies. And she makes wonderful coffee. I make a dark brown liquid that is almost, but not quite, totally unlike coffee.

The haircut will be downtown, and I love going downtown, so I may be a bit late getting home. I warned DH. If blogger co-operates, photos tomorrow.







8 Comments:

  • At 9:45 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Thanks for the tips for seeing Stephanie. I hadn't thought of the bathroom thing. We planned to go over about 5 or so and she is supposed to be there at 7. My girls are anxious that I (old lady that I am) might have to stand or, gasp, sit on the floor! I don't think she has ever been in NJ before, or not in the southern part of the state so there is a high level of excitement.

     
  • At 12:27 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    I love pumpkins! And, IIRC, I can actually still eat them on the infernal diet.

    I got my hair cut about 6 inches yesterday. No one has noticed. To be fair, it's now down to the middle instead of the small of my back, and at work I wear my hair up.

     
  • At 1:23 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Hello to all the knitting group! Esp TW! I wish I could fly up and have coffe and biscotti. Downtown Portland is memory walk for me: my mom worked at 3rd and Washington, my BFF and I shopped our high school years away on Broadway!

     
  • At 1:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I'm sure that more than one pumpkin goes SPLAT over the course of the day! LOL

     
  • At 3:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Tossing pumpkins...for some reason, that irresistibly reminds me of tipping cows. [g] Looks like you got a good haul there in that photo of DH. (Oh. Was I supposed to be referring to the pumpkins? Those look nice too.)

    I can sympathize with the shoe/heel thing. Even with the swollen feet bit, I still have narrow heels, and it's driven me nuts all my life.

    Have fun on Saturday, good luck with the photos!

     
  • At 3:16 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    How wonderful...I just realize that I want to take the cave troll this weekend...I think he will love a pumpkin patch!! (DH has the best pose...he looks like such a good sport!)

     
  • At 7:59 PM , Blogger Denise said...

    You Americans really are pumpkin crazy, you know that? LOL! I've never seen anything like it...

    Your black shoes look a lot like my black shoes! Even down to the strap, square-ish toe and notch at the front! Mine are Kumfs - same brand?

     
  • At 9:09 AM , Blogger Kristin Shields said...

    The pumpkin patch looks great! Ryan would love that train. Where is it?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home