Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, September 07, 2007

shipping scarlet scarves

Here are the two scarves for the red scarf project. Nice, basic, ordinary scarves, emminently suited to "hand wash." They went out today. When you shop at sales, sometimes the shipping costs more than the present. Since Australian customs hates my guts, I guess I'd better box and ship my gifts to Oz soon, too. Just because I sent half an alpaca fleece one year, they now quarantine anything I ship, be it books or canned salmon or commercially processed cotton yarn. So I know that whatever I ship will be at least 6 weeks late. At least. I love Oz and I love Ozzies, but their customs department sucks rocks!

Just a nice shot of flowers to brighten our days. It was clear and chilly this morning. Stars shivering in the wind. Then shortly after the sun rose, the clouds rolled in and squatted down upon us like a giant grey demented hen wanting to adopt eggs. Summer is on the wane. The equinox is two weeks away. Enjoy that sunshine and those flowers while you can!
(Not my flowers. Sigh. I have a black thumb. I can kill plastic ivy. I can even kill blackberries!)
I'm working on a brown Encore cardigan for MIL and plotting some simple pattern writing for the Art Walk sock club I'm in. And the things I WANT to knit are piling up deep and fast. So much to knit / weave / crochet / spin /embroider / write. So little time. And tomorrow, if I have my dates right, is the Oregon Fock and Fiber Fest. I must attend! (and shop, and meet other PDX bloggers, and laugh immoderately.) I will be the 6ft tall one in the big pink hat.
Thank Ghu I don't have a real job and several kids. I am so happily spoiled!!

6 Comments:

  • At 12:05 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Ah, darling, but you spoil those of us who have the job and the kids, so you more than deserve it...

    (I can kill bamboo and anything we plant in our front flowerbed that isn't dead already...like pet rats.)

    Socks... I'll just be glad to only be working on one pair of socks...

     
  • At 12:48 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I wish I could join you for Flock and Fiber!
    Kill blackberries? I didn't think it was possible. Maybe my bro would appreciate your going to his farm and helping him out a bit with that.
    Yes, I will send you the lace pattern. Via email. Soon. After I recover from today's crying kindergartener.

     
  • At 3:26 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Oh sweety, not this weekend, it's in two weeks, the 22nd/23rd for Flock and Fiber.

     
  • At 4:27 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    No Roxie – it’s the weekend of the 22nd …….you’d be a little early if you were there now!

     
  • At 5:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Catching up here, my own last two posts were a bit...tiring. ;) Glad folks have already given you the right dates on OFFF! I'd hate to think of you forlornly standing around for two weeks. [g] (Oh, I am going Saturday the 22nd, btw.)

    Lovely flowers, but man, are we a pair. I, too, have the Black Thumb of Calcutta. Guarandamnteed to kill any plant. I mean, I've killed cactus--and not by over-watering. (I dunno what did it, but I didn't water the little buggers more than a few drops every several months. It couldn't have been over-watering, could it? At times I lie awake and ponder things like this.)

    Great scarves, but geesh - the customs? Big hairy rocks!

     
  • At 8:37 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Your scarves are pretty. What lucky recipients ~ outstanding warm scarves and bang-up washing instructions.

    I lament the end of summer but I'm enjoying the cooler temps.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home