Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, August 27, 2007

sunset progress




I want a dress in these colors.
I feel as if I’ve fallen into a vat of absolutely clear Jello, and it’s setting up around me. Time is not moving. Nothing changes. Everything is cool and quiet and motionless. My inner coyote is trying to decide which foot I will need to gnaw off to get out of this trap. And as for counting days, I’m already playing games. I don’t count Friday, because that’s when I leave (even if I have to haul out at midnight!) And I don’t count today because that would make it too long to contemplate. So that leaves only Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. And dear Julie just got in touch with me, so I can go visit her here in Redmond, use her wifi connection, and get some intellectual stimulation.

Aren’t I the big whiner? I bet there are about ten thousand women in Baghdad who would trade places with me in a heartbeat. Heck, there are probably ten thousand women in America who would. I am a lucky woman. It’s not like I need to change Mom’s diapers or chase her naked down the street. And it’s not like we’re stuck in a single-wide trailer in Albuquerque with nothing but a swamp cooler and some irritable scorpions.

AND, it’s not like she lives with ME!

I figured out what went wrong with the surprise jacket. The instructions say, “After 22 decreases . . .” They mean, after 22 decrease rows. So, instead of starting my increases after 22 ridges, I started after 11 ridges. On 121 stitches, rather than on 90. Ooops. Things are going much better now.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:28 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Ohhh but the pictures are gorgeous...and a mess up is always better when you know where it went wrong...

     
  • At 3:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey, I can relate. When I go "back home", I can barely take it for more than 15 minutes and I want out of there. There ain't nothing wrong with you. NOTHIN'!

     
  • At 6:47 AM , Blogger Flea-Bites said...

    I know the feeling Roxie. It does help to get out to see the beauty of nature around you. I bet the mountains were named by a man - who else would have a bachelor surrounded by three women called Faith, Hope and Charity.

    How does your Mum manage when you are not there? Does someone else live with her?

     
  • At 5:37 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    In no time at all you'll be back home with dh and the adorable kitties. How many hours? It's not like you're counting, is it?

     
  • At 1:07 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Your photos are wonderful!

    Just keep thinking, this won't last forever. In fact by the time you read this, it probably will be over, or almost, anyway.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home