Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, June 21, 2007

titilating blossom

I got your flower p-rn right here. Would you like a Walnetto? Heh, heh, heh.(Artie Shaw from Rowan and Martin;s Laugh-in. Remember?)

I was good today. After getting up and reading all my favorite bloglines, I put clothes on and walked a mile to the grocery store, bought Postum, a box of tea, and two pounds of carrots, and walked home with it all in my knapsack. Good girl, Roxie! Of course, our foremothers would have thought that was a gentle and self-indulgent stroll, but if they could have driven to the store whenever they needed something, they would be just as lazy and flabby as I am. Then I folded Mt. Washingdone and put much of it away. Good for me!

Yesterday I had two hours between proctoring GED at the jail, and attending my writer's group, so Iread Casting Off with Stephanie Pearl-McPhee AKA the Yarn Harlot. Light, thought-provoking, inspiring and amusing by turns. More power to her!

The blue and white sweater for my dear Sis-in-law is up above the armholes on the back. Petite knitting isn't exactly instant gratification, but it's close. It would go faster if I didn't keep stopping to pet and admire the pattern stripes. As the Harlot says, "I must be simple to be so enchanted with this." As the song says, "Tis a gift to be simple . . "

6 Comments:

  • At 11:28 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    As another song says, "Georgia, Georgia..." I had no idea what I was letting loose. Do you know what I love about that picture, though? The way the veins in the flower come up from the base and spread out as they hang a right. There's gotta be a knitting pattern in there somewhere.

    You were very good yesterday; you deserve some simple enchantment.

     
  • At 11:51 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I am so easily amused. I think I was a muppet in a previous life. I constantly stop knitting to admire how nicely the stitches follow each other down the rows and how beautiful the pattern is and ....before you know it, an hour has gone by and I have very little to show for it.

     
  • At 12:04 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Yeah, good for you on the walk!
    Looking forward to seeing photos of the sweater. I love the turquoise.

     
  • At 5:56 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    It's good to stand back and admire your work.

     
  • At 6:01 AM , Blogger Bells said...

    Gorgeous! Totally titilating!

     
  • At 1:15 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    ahhh...flora-gasm:-)

    And I actually had to stop knitting a pair of socks because between the pattern and the yarn I kept holding them up and staring goofily, telling the whole family how much I loved them. I'm hoping after a little time in the project bag, they'll lose some of that charm and I can actually knit on them...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home