Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Back to my time

while proctoring the GED tests, I needed something I didn't have to pay attention to, so I cast on this Blue Moon yarn and knit a baby hat. Very natty little topper, don'tcha think? wonder if black and orange means Halloween in Romania?


The Blue Moon yarn was a prize from Tammy of Lavenderknits.blogspot.com. The lucky girl actually gets to WORK for Blue Moon! It knits up sooo nicely!



But I did get a chance to work on the cotton tank top. Here is the extended strap, ready to be kitchnered in.

Then I need to extend the borders, and I can wear it with pride knowing that I am fully stylish, and not at all quasi-modish.

8 Comments:

  • At 8:39 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Quasi-modish: GOL! That's the best, or do I mean worst, pun I've read all year.

     
  • At 1:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That's a great little hat you've got there. It does have a harvesty tone to it.

     
  • At 5:17 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Yes. A great hat and a terrible pun.

     
  • At 7:03 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    groan....

    about the cert...I'll email or call you once all my school responsibilities are done next week. The probs with the cable sweater were both. Designs weren't the best, back and front should have the same design, too much 'background' knitting and not enough cables, etc. They didn't like the quality of the knitting in a couple of places; evidently the top half was looser than the bottom half. I haven't checked it yet. We are in Visalia to attend a funeral. Be back tomorrow.

     
  • At 7:20 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    GROAN!! (for the pun). I still think you're a genius for knitting the tank and knowing how to fix it.

    Very cool hat.

     
  • At 2:34 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    oh oh oh...baby hats...so in love with baby hats.. (you think I'd be so over them by now, don't you?) And I'm looking forward to seeing your tank!

     
  • At 12:05 AM , Blogger Denise said...

    Very cute baby hat there! Good luck with the cotton top modifications!

     
  • At 7:35 AM , Blogger Bells said...

    oh that baby hat is adorable! Nice to see things we can make out of sock wool that isn't socks!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home