Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Pictures that have nothing to do with knitting





Of all the advertising spokes-beings, I enjoy the Geico Gecko the best, but this shot wrought with my funny bone.


I had to send the Baby Surprise sweater to the frog pond. Who knows what I was thinking? I cast on 240 instead of 160 stitches. After knitting 22 rows, with 2 decreases per row, I just couldn't get the count to come out to 114. At all. No matter how often I counted it nor which end I started from. I'm back on track and 11 rows into it again. It's going much faster now, too. And the count is right.





Whizzers.

What IS it about guys? Men in cities must feel desperately deprived, not being able to casually wet on the greenery. Maybe the urge is a result of some hard-wired territorial instinct. Cats and dogs mark territory, so why shouldn't furless monkeys do the same?

But it's hard on the petunias.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ah, but it's one of the pleasures of being a guy: peeing freely. Anywhere. It's really quite liberating. Ask any guy, they'll tell ya. Any where you are, there it is. :)

     
  • At 8:34 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Everybody remember that scene from To Kill a Mockingbird. "As I was untalented in this area, I spent my time on the porch with Miss Maudie..." Classic!

    Anyway, I love the Gecko pic--classic stuff!!!!

     
  • At 4:02 AM , Blogger Flea-Bites said...

    We used to have a long raised brick thingy either side of our front steps when I was a kid. Every morning my little brother would race down to the end of one of these and water the frangipani tree! I can't remember whether it thrived or died!

    Poor little gecko!

     
  • At 8:57 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    There is something about it. Hence the popularity of squirt guns among snipers of both sexes.

     
  • At 11:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I love the Geico Gecko too and would be sad to see the end of him, but that is funny!

    And I have to admit that I don't envy a dangling, mind-of-its-own body part, being able to tap a kidney pretty much anywhere, anytime has its appeal! LOL

     
  • At 8:41 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    I like the Geico Gecko and his accent but hubby doesn't. He got a good laugh.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home