Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, April 27, 2007

It's azalea season


Azalea. This is a lucious, fully saturated color. Leave out those flecks of green and think of yarn dyed like this. Wouldn't that be the perfect sweater for a willful little girl? A cardigan with big buttons so little fingers can manage ("I do it!") and big pockets to stash the My Little Pony and assorted treats and treasures.








And here we have lace-leaf Japanese Maples. This is a colorway for a willful woman like me. Muted shades of rose with accents of sage. I want a cardigan with big pockets, too. So I can stash my glasses and a pen and a credit card and my driver's license and car keys when I run away from home to the LYS.






Meanwhile, as if I needed to buy more yarn, I am on a search for sport-weight charcoal grey silk. Three skeins in matt, and one in shiny. I am going to knit DH a tuxedo vest for his birthday. It's a surprise. Don't tell him. I know the color won't photograph well, but I'll give it a try since I feel quite inspired by the design that has nested in my brain. Where do you like to buy your silk?

6 Comments:

  • At 8:37 AM , Blogger margene said...

    Beautiful! The saturation is fabulous. I also love lace leaf maples...sigh. The email you sent with photos is fabulous, too!! Good luck with your search and the knitting.

     
  • At 11:07 AM , Blogger Catie said...

    a am so jealous of the flowers - here in Calgary the grass is just starting to get green.

     
  • At 1:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I love Japanese Maples. I really want to have the ugly, spread-out evergreens that are on either side of my front door pulled out & put in a couple of lovely little maples.

     
  • At 3:03 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Where to I like to buy my silk? An ancient China that never was...

    You know, that azalea color would look perfect for a little girl WITH the speckles of green...

    I feel inspiration coming on....

     
  • At 3:47 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I do miss rhodies and azaleas for wonderful saturated color, but bougainvillea almost make up for them.
    Do you want already spun silk or the rovings? Try Woodland Woolworks for rovings.
    For silk yarn, how about that little yarn shop in LO on Boones Ferry Rd--Mole Hill Farm? My friend Cheryl is a co owner?

     
  • At 4:03 AM , Blogger Flea-Bites said...

    That pink is a wondrous colour. Love the Japanese maple in those soft shades too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home