Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Hail, hail, thunderstorm in spring.

In the fifteen minute drive from the college to home, I passed through sunshine, torrential rain, more sunshine with the road steaming like a swamp in a horror movie, and then, after I got home, there was lightning, thunder, and pea-sized hail. Boy, if you don't like the weather around here, just wait a bit.
*










And, since I'm feeling all unfocused and can't decide where to start with the rest of my life (Finishing a novel always leaves me feeling un-tied) I did wahat any right-thinking Pisces would do and re-organized my earrings. I pin them up on a linen dishtowel so I can enjoy my nice linens and so I can see what earrings I actually have. Most of these are estate-sale treasures. I like big, chunky barbaric jewelry, and that's so out of style right now. You can't even buy friendly plastic and make your own anymore. Sigh. so I scavenge the leavings of other ladies and wear them with joy and gratitude.
*

On the knitting front, I finished the hood of the bright orange hoody. Now, only sleeves and pocket to go. I don't have a handy 6-year old or even a teddy bear so I'm not sure how I will photograph this, but I'll come up with something somehow. (Cats are too small. The neighbor's free-range labs arre about the right size, but getting them dressed? No, I don't feel like wrasslin' a 120 lb dog for a photo op. What to do, what to do?)

3 Comments:

  • At 8:06 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    www.borrowababy.com

     
  • At 1:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yay, ANOTHER novel is on the way? Congrats.
    And, are you sure that was hail and not gravel, like in your driveway? We don't have hail here, so I can't really speak...

     
  • At 10:05 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Okay...I have some time scheduled in this weekend because I haven't read ANYTHING lately and your novel is like a special treat for me!!! Yaaaayyyy!!!! I love your jewelry display--I used to be a big barbaric earing wearer...then came child # 2...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home