Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

You never miss the blogging till the computer goes belly up

My laptop is getting incredibly coy about finding the internet. How can I blog without the internet? I suppose I could blog on the desktop, but it has the security set too high to allow me to post pictures. I'm at the point of high magic and pure superstition to get things to work. If I diagnose the problem while leaning to the left and while the laptop has a connection to the internet, then re-connect using only my right hand to punch the buttons, then hold my breath and cross my eyes while the silly computer counts its fingers and looks around to see if it knows where it is, I MIGHT be able to make the connection - - sometimes. In other words, time for a visit to the Geek Squad. Sigh. I would much rather spend the money on yarn. Or beads. Or bubblebath.

On the plus side, the vinca is blooming. It's also known as periwinkle or, "Love over the ground." Those old English names are sooo charming! Vinca is an evergreen, hardy groundcover vine that thrives on neglect. Just my kind of plant!











I finished two more farceeing hats. This one is for a local artist who has actually paid me real money to produce this for her. Jan York, you are a splendid human being!!









This hat is for my dear brother in law, the scoutmaster. I found some outdoorsy buttons at JoAnnes, and sewed them on as well.
An eagle, a buffalo, a wolf, a fish and a deer.











The (PLASTIC) eyes are for a muskie fish. This photo kind of shows off the red and green-ness of them. I left the loops live, then glued the antena sock to the antena so the loops look like tentacles or eyelashes or something. Wayyy cool!

Pictures, folks. We need you to model them and send us pictures!!






Has anyone else been hit by the time-change? I feel as if I had been run down by an Izusu! My face feels puffy and my eyes are gritty and gravity is stronger in my vicinity. Even my swimsuit has lost its snap. Simple words appeal to me: words like droop, and sag, and snooze. Snooze. Snoooooozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....................

6 Comments:

  • At 4:08 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    Poor laptop! I hope you can figure out what's wrong (and that it doesn't use up too much yarn money).

    Your garden pictures are making me want a house sooo bad! I really miss growing things.

     
  • At 6:27 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    We call that stuff myrtle, which is undoubtedly something else in your lexicon.

    It's fairly easy to change your security settings, and I could walk you through it... but you could be letting yourself in for all manner of nasty buggies. Do you have virus protection? Depending on what you have you may not need the Windows firewall and you can tell it to stop being such a priss.

     
  • At 6:28 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Oh, and the farceeing hats are amazing! No beavers at Joann's, eh?

     
  • At 8:47 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Okay...I feel you on so many fronts...the time change, the computer melt down...and the farceeing hats are awesome!!!! (i'm glad you're back, btw... I almost put about an abb--all-blogger-bulletin--for my lost buddy!!)

     
  • At 10:52 PM , Blogger Flea-Bites said...

    Those hats are far out - they make me think of the day of the triffids when I see them - especially the one for the artist. Are you sure your real name isn't "Big Brother"? We'll all have to watch our behaviour.

     
  • At 9:16 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Oh yes, I totally feel your pain. It's my pain, too. Especially at 1:30 am when CalTrans decides to do SOMETHING really loud on the fwy right outside your bedroom window. Like last night.

    I miss the vinca...it is always so lovely.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home