Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, March 04, 2007

March 4th, happy birthday meeeee!





Yesterday, before the virtual party, DH took me to lush to buy me birthday presents. Five normal-sized bubble bath bars (I get 5-7 baths from each) and two BIG bars, and a bottle of my favorite hair conditioner (it smells of french vanilla, and keeps my silver locks soft and shiny) The store manager recognized us, and when I told her it was my birthday present, she let me choose another bubble bath bar for free!


Here's a close-up of the end of the dresser scarf for Pat.













On the way home, we passed a sign for our favorite estate sale company, so we had to track it down. DH bought me 5 yards of pinky / purply thai silk, a gorgeous bright silk scarf, a hand-thrown lavendar glazed cup, and a hand-thrown bowl with a streak of violet in it. All for $8. I LOVE estate sales!!









Norma said that she would like to join the party. Since she's had such nasty cold weather, I figure she should have the BIG cup for her Earl Grey tea.

Dave told me that Blogger was not allowing some people to comment. BAD BLOGGER! I turned off the verification word feature. Let's see if that helps. God forbid that anyone should not feel welcome and invited in. This has been SUCH a splendid party!! IF anyone else wants to join, just tell me which cup and what tea you would like.



And there is even some knitting content on this post. Here is the SU&KI sweater with half an arm. I have to duplicate stitch in the lines that x across each diamond. A second sleeve, a bottom ribbing and a turtleneck are also in the offing. I'm hoping to enter it in the state fair, but I gotta tell you, afterthough armholes are a lot harder to do on intarsia. This one is less than perfect. But I'm counting on the beauty of Dave's yarn to carry me thorugh to at least a white ribbon.



When I went out to get the paper at 5:30 this morning, the rain had stopped and there was just a little high fog. I could see the brightest stars through it! And the moon! Wowie, zowie! All swathed in veils of mists, floating in a halo of light. What a nice birthday present! Right now, the sun is trying to burn through the haze. Go for it, sun! Shine on!

We will be meeting friends at Claim Jumper's for lunch today. They serve decent food in huge portions, (for commensurate prices!)but the noise-level is painful.

12 Comments:

  • At 10:35 AM , Blogger Cookie said...

    Happy Birthday!

    What gorgeous goodies!

     
  • At 11:07 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow--that's truly gorgeous...and happy happy birthday! Enjoy Claimjumpers...(they make a tomato mozzerella salad that I love!)

     
  • At 2:16 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    happy birthday!
    Now I see what you are doing with the SU&KI sweater. Knitted horizontally; clever!

    three blocks left to do in brown on the Beaches Blanket. It's sharing time with the swatches, work, LAMarathon and a gift I need to finish by Wed!

     
  • At 3:36 PM , Blogger NeedleTart said...

    Happy birthday! How about a nice big mug (I always set my cup down and forget about it while knitting, a big thick mug keeps it warm-ish)of Oregon Chai?
    Wonderful estate finds. I adore the colors in the scarf!

     
  • At 4:30 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Wow, what gorgeous silk! Thanks for inviting me to your party. Yes, my cat cup is a Laurel Burch, but I love yours too.

    Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday, dear Roxie,
    Happy birthday to you.

    (What colorway is that Lorna's?)

     
  • At 6:20 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Seems like you had a great birthday. So did we. Come over and see a picture of Joe's present. It's a little bigger than your bars of soap. ;-)

     
  • At 7:43 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Happy Birthday!!

     
  • At 10:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This is what I call a really fun birthday celebration. Wow! look at the number of wonderful gifts you have got. Great! Belated happy birthday to you. Have a great life.
    Do drop into my blog on birthday ecards for some beautiful e-greeting cards and other interesting info.

     
  • At 1:42 AM , Blogger Flea-Bites said...

    What a party! Thank you for inviting Grandpa Flea - he really had a great time - and how did you know we have our tea in mugs? You must be psychic. And what about the cupcakes! I've never had blue icing before - must be a cultural difference! It tasted yummy.

     
  • At 1:44 AM , Blogger Flea-Bites said...

    PS thank you for using the hand embroidered napkins.

     
  • At 1:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Happy Birthday :) Love those lush goodies.

    Thank you for the tea (chai is one of my favorites) and the cup is lovely.

    You have such a great collection of teacups.

     
  • At 6:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    (Yay, we can post again.)
    The silk is SO pretty. I can only imagine what you transform it into.
    Tea? Yes, please. With honey.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home