Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, March 11, 2007

There's a warm wind blowing the stars around




Yesterday, the daffodils by the mailbox were tightly furled buds. Last night, a south wind blew through, and this morning I woke up to find full blown blossoms. Wah hoo! And the daylillies are making a brave start, too. Go daylillies!! Yayyy!!












Everything in the planterboxes is blooming madly. Part of me wants to pick them all and bring them in to have sunshine on the diningroom table. Part of me wants to leave them alone so there will be YELLOW in the yard for a long time. So far, leaving them alone has won. but maybe those droopy ones should be picked before the slugs get to them. Don't you agree?



I had a nice long break when I could get to work on a couple of farceeing hats. I did a hat of many colors for my darling brother-in-law, but now that it's done, I think it's just too feminine. (Antennae still to be added.)



So, since he is a scoutmaster of quite a high order, I used more earthy, woodsy tones for the next hat. That looks more scoutmaster-ish. I'm going to the bead store tomorrow and see if I can find some animal charms to sew on it. A bear, an eagle, whatever. He just was awarded the order of the silver beaver, which is a very prestigious award and quite impressive, but still sounds to me like he has been given a date with an old hooker. But if I can find silver beavers, I'll give him a BUNCH of them. The antennae on this one will be the same gold as the ear-flaps and I'm using the red and green muskie eyes on it. He's a good sport. He'll model it and send me a photo.
I am 8 thousand words (or so) from the end of my western romance. Must write! Must write!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:13 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    (LOL...the silver beaver and gray rooster...it could be a children's book for adults...) Ooooh...write write write...I can't wait to read this one!!! And as for the Farceeing hat...well, I'm totally in love--with both of them... Mr. and Mrs. Farcee go out 'ing'! They're great!!!

     
  • At 5:01 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Silver beaver... ROFLMAOSTC!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home