Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

sometimes a girl just wants to look pretty



I feel the cold easily, and in the summer, I burn in a hot minute, so I have amassed a collection of hats. Today, I felt jaunty and pretty, so I took the pink silk chiffon scarf that a friend brought me from Paris and tied it around the crown to float and trail after me in a fetching, eye-catching way. And I went smiling into the rain to take GED tests to the jail. The hard-bitten cynical police officers smiled when they saw me. Men LIKE a pretty hat on a lady!





The geese are finding nests. Soon, every slough and wetland in the area will be peeping with goslings. I can hardly wait!


You don't want pictures of our dafodils, so I will just rush off and close with a kiss.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:50 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    And that's a daphne in bloom behind the hat. mmmm love that fragrance.

     
  • At 3:30 AM , Blogger Flea-Bites said...

    I DO want photos of your daffodils.

     
  • At 7:36 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Why don't I want pix of your daffodils? I need a daffodil fix now (she said, shivering).

     
  • At 10:34 AM , Blogger Cookie said...

    Men love pretty hats on a lady.

    I wanna see daffs!

     
  • At 9:04 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I LOVE daffodils...and as someone who was almost late to work today because I was waiting on a gaggle of turkeys, I can only imagine the sweet havoc of goslings...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home