Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, March 12, 2007

What the squirrels brought


Those furry little landscape architects are prone to digging up things from one yard and planting them in another. These daffodils are teensy, about the size of a quarter, and oh so unexpected!












And the magnolias are shedding their overcoats and are just about ready unfurl in pinkandwhite glory. This magnolia tree is the first one I have ever met. I am entranced every spring with those luscious blooms. Wish I had a dress colored like that.


I was thinking about that silly question, "What is your favorite color?" I like to wear pink, lavender, purple, violet, blue, but I love to look at yellow. Except in the sultry heart of summer when I want to swim in green. Most of my shoes are black, and my pants are all navy, black, or denim. My favorite color? Not orange. -- Except for clementines and pumpkins and red cats and, . . . . I dunno what my favorite color is. Do you?

6 Comments:

  • At 2:22 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    My favorite color is a deep, rich purple. Don't ask me which one.

    I love all those other colors you mention, though, plus a few more. The only color I really don't care much for is a deep mustard, the exact shade of baby poop. (I would have said I didn't like orange too, but then Norma and Claudia started playing with my head.)

     
  • At 4:46 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    To wear? blue, pink, lavender, navy, white--all the cool summer colors.

    To put in my house? cobalt, turquoise, cream, warm wood.

    To knit, sew, crochet? most any color except orange.

    I simply do not like orange with the possible exception of oranges in sunsets. No orange roses, flowers, yarn, material, clothes. Probably a really bad memory of an orange dress that looked horrible on me.

    But BLUE, oh yes!

     
  • At 6:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My favorite color? Plaid.
    When that's not available, olive green or purple, or both. Basically, anything but white. White only looks good on refrigerators and toilet bowls.

     
  • At 6:46 PM , Blogger Norma said...

    I love all colors, depending on what usage. I wouldn't wear certain colors, but I would certainly plant them in flowers or eat them in my plate, or paint them on my wall, or knit with them. For example. :)

    Those look like little tete-a-tete daffodils. Are you sure the squirrels put them there?

     
  • At 9:47 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    To wear? Yellow, orange, green, purple, brown--big solid colors, no prints please...my pants are all denim, and I luuuuuuuuvvvvvv a grande sized white T-shirt with something clever on it:-)

     
  • At 1:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    There is a young lady at the school where I work who's favorite color is clear.


    Mine would have to be Autumn.

    Mr. Tim

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home