Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, March 02, 2007

Fridayyyyyy!

Here's a chemo cap knit mostly during "The Astronaut Farmer" and finished during a the backup on the freeway from an accident that wouldn't happen just anywhere. Log trucks have trailers that seperate and can be stacked, so the empty trip is made with half as many wheels on the ground and a good deal less length to deal with. Well, some trucker obviously hadn't had enough coffee when he loaded up, because his trailer seperated. The logs, still safely bundled together and firmly chained to the front part of the truck, dropped to the ground, while the back half of the trailer ran off to the side of the road. Inertia being what it is, the truck carreened on for several hundred yards, dragging the rear end of the load of logs. the trucker managed to pull the truck to the side of the road, but the stack of logs blocked two lanes of a two lane highway. There was JUST room behind the end of the logs and the Jersey barrier to squees a full-size car through. I don't know if a Hummer could have made it. So I had 40 minutes of 2 mile-an-hour traffic to knit. Soooo glad I keep a simple project in the car!


For Pat, a better look at that dresser scarf. Teensy counted cross stitches and a well-chosen palate of colors.











I am having such fun with this virtual party! I don't have to scour the bathroom or wash the kitchen walls or even vacuume if I don't want to. I can host this party in my sweats, and DH can snooze through it in the bedroom if he chooses. What wonderful, attractive, guests I have! And everyone arrives right on time. It's a lovely turn-out! Thank you all so much for coming. You make me smile all over my face!!

Other knitting content - I am now carrying the SU&KI sweater to and from work because the sleeve is solid color stockinette and easy to knit. All I need to do is one and a half sleeves more, a bottom ribbing, and a turtleneck, and I can wear it with PRIDE!

6 Comments:

  • At 12:00 PM , Blogger margene said...

    Great idea...I always have my knitting with me!! Have a wonderful weekend and celebrate your birthday YOUR way! ;-)

     
  • At 12:05 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Not having to clean up is priceless, isn't it? Then again, so many things are. Friends like you, for example.

     
  • At 12:40 PM , Blogger Norma said...

    Jesus, that accident could have had horrific consequences! And tsk, tsk .... were you DRIVING while knitting, or was someone else driving? Even at 2mph, bad, bad, bad. :)

     
  • At 5:10 PM , Blogger Flea-Bites said...

    Happy birthday, Roxie. This is a great party - I'm in my "house" clothes lounging at the computer about to have a cup of "proper" tea in a beautiful bone china teacup with roses all over it (skim milk and no sugar please). Thank you for the yummy cupcake - may I have another? And I love the hand embroidered napkin - heaven. Did your grandmother make this one?

     
  • At 5:11 PM , Blogger Flea-Bites said...

    PS I hope you like the huge bunch of virtual tulips I've brought you!

     
  • At 8:06 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    BEAUTIFUL embroidery. And now it seems I've unleashed the Roxie dresser scarf monster on blogdom. Post away, I love it!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home