Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, February 24, 2007

knit while reading


And here's another fun fur hat knit with a strand of cotton to give it more body. It's just your basic bowl with one edge turned up and a bit of scrap yarn fringed onto the side for pizazz. I like hats with pizazz, don't you?

For Valentine's Day, DH gave me a trip to the spa for manicure and pedicure. Wonder if they'll scold me. I have weak flimsy nails and in spite of my best efforts two are torn right down to the quick. Eight, however, are long enough to scratch with. I'm not interested in stick-on nails of any kind. They are so thick and clumsy and akward for me that I wind up hurting myself with them. I've never had just your basic pamper-the-hands-and-paint-the-nails manicure. And I've never had any kind of pedicure. In my neurotic college days, I used to tear at my toenails till they bled. (the resulting endorphins helped me stay calmer and act more sanely. It wasn't a conscious thing, but it worked.) So now some of my toes have no nails, only knots of scar-tissue. (too much information?) Anyhow, I don't think I'll get painted toenails but that's ok. A nice warm soak and scented oil massage will be just fine.



Here is our Saturday sky. Does it look wet and gray? Yup. It's wet and gray. But the moss really loves this kind of weather and is thriving abundantly! Nice thick green moss bedecks the apple tree and has completely infiltrated the lawn underneath. It's beautiful inthe rain, but will be brown and crispy in August. Thank Goodness we aren't yard proud!

I didn't report about the legions of highschoolers on Thursday because there WERE no legions, only a few small infestations that quickly came and left. I notice fewer tattoos and piercings this year than in years past, but the girls and boys who are into it are REALLY into it. Maybe this is THEIR way of stimulating those endorphins. And maybe the folks with the serious nail-biting habit are doing the same. And if we all got out and danced for an hour every day, probably none of us would need to hurt ourselves. (But then I get all sweaty!) (Too much information again, Roxie.)

Lyssa of fearandloathinginloasangeles had a ball of silk yarn that needed a home. I offered mine, and she sent it to me. It is red and purple and wild and lovely! My pictures do not do it justice. And she sent killer cookies with it as well. I am foementing PLANS for this bit of beauty!!

7 Comments:

  • At 3:41 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Way too much information. But I never thought about the endorphins angle before.

    Go green!

     
  • At 8:14 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Yes, way too much info, heheh, but hey! Show us that embroidered dresser scarf. Okay, show ME the embroidered dresser scarf. I have a major dresser scarf weakness. (Too much info for you?)

     
  • At 10:25 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I did that to my little toe-nail (tmi? too bad...) but mostly because the feeling of my toe-nails rubbing on my shoes made me nutsy-cuckoo... I so want to live in Oregon...I LOVE gray weather...I'm so glad it's raining today...

     
  • At 6:14 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    I've only had one pedicure in my life - but I did love it! Total decadance as far as I was concerned. I do keep my toes painted in the summer because I wear sandals all the time - I should treat myself more often because Darn it I deserve it - you too!!

     
  • At 7:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I had my first pedicure the other day - it was heaven. I got the french manicure look, I was surprised at how good it looked.

    Enjoy!

     
  • At 7:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love pedicures! I love having my feet massaged, and then my nails painted dark red. I can't wait for summer to come around, because they're really worth it then. Enjoy yours :)
    The only thing I don't like is when they take off the dancer's callouses I've worked so long to build up.

     
  • At 9:28 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    I got treated to a pedicure by my ddinlaw for her wedding! French tip and I was in heaven!

    I am alive, Roxie, check my quick blog entry...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home