Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Tahdahh! Voici le blanket modular!


At last the baby blanket is done! What do you do on a windy day when you want those photos optdoors in the sunlight and the wind keeps flapping the flipping blanket? Why, you just grab a few more clothes pins, give that sucker a bit of a stretch, and clip it down at both ends!! That bit of a shadow across the bottom is from a limb of the marvelous maples across the street. Should I have shot the picture outdoors in the shade instead of in the sunshine? It looks a bit washed out here.










Of course, I had an interested audience for my front-yard labors. Isn't Candy a pretty girl?

Next project, Tim's farceeing hat. This is gonna be cool! Today, I need to look through the stash and see what I have that will work in the hat. Tomorrow, knit on!
Meanwhile, I struggle with the western. I need a gag for the inner critic. He's a mean bastard.

8 Comments:

  • At 1:56 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Lovely blanket for a very lucky baby! I do love the randomness of the colors.

    Did you crochet around the perimeter?

    And Miss Candy, you are a cutie!

     
  • At 3:00 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Love the blanket. Such a great idea! And the kittie, too.

     
  • At 3:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I commented but I don't know if it worked...

     
  • At 10:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I recommend drawing a picture of the inner critic (I think of an evil ringmaster with a whip) and then ceremonially burning it or shredding . . .

    There will be time enough for criticism during the SECOND draft.

     
  • At 8:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The blanket is lovely. I love how the different colors work together.

    I suggest taking your inner critic out for dinner and dancing. Get him happy about something.

     
  • At 9:45 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I usually gag my inner critic with ice cream... lots and lots and lots of thick, fat ice cream...

    And the baby blanket looks FANTASTIC!!! You get stuff done so quickly--and I love the way you play with color like you play with language--whimsical and classic!

     
  • At 2:45 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    okay, it's official. I'm an idiot. How on earth did I miss this post!!

    Roxi, the blanket is gorgeous!

    Candy is a pretty girl. What a beautiful looking kitty and oh so comfortable.

     
  • At 3:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I really admire your modular blanket and hope to knit one for my expected great grandchild. Would you share any more details, such as what you did for the edges?

    Also, you really made me stop and think that I need to write down some things for my family as I am at the age when I am losing my friends at an alarming rate.
    chloe

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home